Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

1870-john-alice-brambey.jpgWell i bet you thourght i was just a silly ossie  bear_grin :lol:Well my history goes back to Wales .are they a good lot i hope so ?. This photo goes back too 1870 it is my  great great grandmother and father John@ Alice Bramley. Alice was married to a bloke named william at the age of 16 yrs,This was don't a happy marriage,after giving birth to twins she left him and the twins in wales and came to Australia .She meet John and fell in love but the law said you had to be separated 7 years to marry "shock " "horror" they lived in sin till Alice got her divorce in with that time my  great grandmother was born . A bit of family history .( did you enjoy that or did i bore you all to death ). :lola: bear_grin

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Neat Fran!  I just love history and old photos like yours.  I hope you will pass it down through your family with the written story attached.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

willam-hodgson1.jpgThis Photo is 1890  my great grandfather is william sitting in the chair on the right .William died an alcoholic .Tragically his 3 brothers all died of tuberculosis .This photo was found in a ancient box of papers .Just incase you are wondering i don't drink

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great old photos, Fran . . . I LOVE old pictures!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Me too, I LOVE old photos!  There's so much history, and I'm always wondering what the people were thinking when they got their photos taken..... bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Fran County Cork is not in Wales it's in Ireland. I love the old photographs, thanks for sharing.

Jane  bear_flower

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Interesting thread Fran!  You come from colourful stock!!  bear_happy

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

I shouldnt be telling all my family secrets  should i  bear_grin bear_grin bear_tongue bear_tongue

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Great photos, Fran! I love family history. You can never be quite sure what you'll find out...!

Pipa UK

Wowies love the photos Fran !!!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Great photos, Fran! and yes you do have some colorful characters in your past.  Your great great grandmother must have been a woman ahead of her time. People in those days usually just put up with their lives the way that they were. It would have taken a lot of courage for her to leave her husband and babies and start a new life for herself.

AnnG Childhood Treasures
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA

I also love geneology. I've been working on the family tree for a long time. it's like treasure hunting. Keep it up.
Ann

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Wonderful photos, Fran!!

I think we're better off for the colorful characters on our family trees--where would we be without their grit?

I've never seen a picture of my Belgian paternal grandmother, who died in the 1918 Flu epidemic. I'm sure someone somewhere has one, and I ought to start hunting. I suspect I'm very like her, since I don't seem to have much in common with my mother's family.

Anne, I love your bears!!

Eileen

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Fran, thanks for the pics!  Interesting stories.  I'm glad your grandmother was happy "living in sin."  bear_grin bear_original

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wonderful Fran....stubborn and independent stock you come from.  Excellant

bear_tongue

Board footer