Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

n010.gif

I heard today on the international news that the entire Canadian Parliment resigned.

195.gif

So what happens now?  How does your government function over the next month or so it will take to round up a new parliment?

Do they have to go through the same processes as the US congress.....security checks, financial examinations etc?

I don't think I have ever heard of an entire parliment quitting before....have I just not paid attention?  Is this politics normal or is it a problem?

What will it do to your stock market?

I am simply fascinated.... 008.GIF

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow! I want to read the answers to this one!

Jane  bear_flower

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Ditto,  I never heard such thing either,
"an entire parliment quitting " ??  :wacko:

I wish best for Canada !  :hug:

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Ok, we have only premier-minister quiting all the time but not that much even in Russia...
:o

Julia

Ok, our Canadian friends, give us some more specific info.. bear_noexpression

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh...by the way..  I remember that
We had an entire "Parliment resigned" just few month ago in here too ...I forgat !  :doh: This happened because our Prime minister wanted to do " postal service  commercialization" but he received many dissenting opinion in
assembly so he decide to go with an entire
parliment resigned. He knew he will win for
next election and he did win big.  :rolleyes:

I just hope that our international shipping
will be little more reasonable !!!

by CNN Japan (Cool nice news)
Marie

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Don't worry ladies - it's not that bad. Our present government was a minority government that had to depend on another party to prop it up. These two parties had a falling out and there was a non-confidence vote on Tuesday. The prime minister then had to go the the Governor General to announce that an election will have to be held - in January - for a new parliament. In the meantime - things will carry on the same except in election mode with each party promising us the moon.
Many Canadians are not exactly happy with this, especially an election in January. The general consensus is another minority governments, probably the same one, who will have to make nice again with the NDP to govern. Actually, a Liberal minority with the NDP usually gives us the best government so it's not that bad.   :P

Marion

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

How confusing!!   bear_wacko But I am glad that it does not seem to be upsetting the normal flow of things.  I wouldn't want to vote in January either....how coooooold!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Is this the same way in England?  a080.gif
d080.gif  k040.gif  k010.gif  p025.gif

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, I read about that, too, and was going to ask . . . thanks, Dilu!  Okay - so it's not as bad as it sounds???

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Simply more promises promises promises all of which will be forgotten once they are elected!!! Our biggest problem is we really have no one person in any party who I feel can govern the country!!!! How they waste our hard earned dollars is unconscionable and then they have the nerve to try and tax us even further. As you can tell I am pretty cynical about the whole process as are many other Canadians
Hugs
Gail

Board footer