Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

JanetB Posts: 112

I must have wonky eyes, I have so much trouble achieving symmetry in the face.  Does anyone else have the same problem? bear_wacko

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

I used to have a nightmare with this and the best tips I can give are:

1. Use 'true eyes' or 'position eyes'
2. Use a mirror. A mirror shows up all imperfections that you might not ordinarily see and is a God send. Also take your time with placement. Follow lines and use seams as guides for distances.

Hope this helps a little.

Richard
x

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

A mirror,  Rich is right.  Our brain makes thing look symmetrical.  When you hold something up to a mirror for some reason it shows the truth.  I actually keep a large hand mirror with my supplies.  And all of my shading I do in the bathroom so I can constantly check in the mirror.

Joanne

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Janet don't worry - look in the mirror - aren't we wonky too???? Is there any symmetry human in this world, I'm sure a bit wonky makes our bears look unique - they are all one of a kind because of their wonky-ness - hahahah

Once I had a bear and everything was wonky with him, therefore I called him Winky-Wonky

Winky-Wonky-1.jpg

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

I just go by eye, I follow Andrea's approach, and embrace it  :crackup:  Love the bear Andrea  bear_original

JanetB Posts: 112

Thankyou all.  Love the idea of "Winky Wonky" but I will also try to use a mirror. bear_cry

Board footer