Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Hi everyone,

It's been a long while since I posted on here....TOO long!  :redface: . I still keep in contact with some TTers on F/B but there are so many of you that I have lost touch with.

I think the last time I posted was last Spring/Summer when I was pregnant - we had a beautiful daughter born on the 21st October. As most of you will know, we have 2 boys already so our little princess was truly a dream come true. We named her Imogen Rose. Can't quite believe that she is now 8 months old!

I was sooooo tired in pregnancy that I involuntarily put the bears on hold for a while (just kinda happened!)....that was 18 months ago!!! I'm trading at Hugglets in September and am trying to get my bear-making-mojo back by drawing up a few new designs - have even started on the very first Pumpkin & Pickle mouse! It was soooooo good to pick up a needle and thread again! It means that I will have to cut down on my crochet time though (which I've taught myself and I LOVE).

So this is kind of a "hi, it's me, and I'm back" post!

I've added some pictures of Imogen - the first was taken at 4 days old, the bluebell one was taken last month (yes, I crocheted her the bluebell hat!) and the last one was taken a few weeks ago.

imogen4days.png

imogenbluebell.png

imogen1.jpg

Beary Hugs,
Gemma X

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Gemma,

Oh my, what a beautiful little girl and with such a beautiful name too!  Congratulations!

I particularly love the "bluebell" photograph and her crocheted hat just "makes" it, gorgeous!  You should enter that photo into a competition!!

Nice to see you back.

Hugs

Marilyn

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Welcome back, Gemma! I love the photos of your beautiful daughter! I completely understand putting bears on hold temporarily; I have done that a few times when life intervened. We adopted two teenage girls from Ukraine last year, and the whole long process kept me from bear making, but like you, I've come out of hibernation now.

Enjoy your daughter! How do you pronounce her name?
~Debora

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Gemma, I am so glad to see you back!

I have been wondering what kept you away...

You little princess is as beautiful as a blossom!

I look forward to see your next bears.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Welcome back, and that sweet girl sure is a beauty.  They sure do grow fast, as you well know with the boys.  Glad you are back.  I love to crochet also, but like you say, you hate to put it away and do the bears, but we do what we have to do.
Hugs pat

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

A big welcome back, Gemma . . . your little daughter is beautiful!!  So glad you're 'back to bears' and visiting us again - we've missed you.

East Sussex

Thank you for the warm welcome back  bear_original

Debora, I remember reading about your adopted girls when I was last on here - how are they doing now?

Here is a YouTube link on how to pronounce Imogen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35OpnjG957U ...it's probably easier than trying to write how to pronounce it!

It's actually a very old fashioned name most popular in England and Australia - I don't think it's very often heard of in the US...here's a little info on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imogen .

Gemma X

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Welcome back, Gemma!
Imogen is beautiful!    I couldn't help but smile right back at the computer monitor when I looked at that little smiling face!  The bluebell photo is adorable!  I look forward to seeing your new bears!
Hugs,
Janice

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Gemma it is great to have you back.  I look at my Pumpkin and Pickle bear everyday and think of you.  Imogen is a beauty!

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

PS What are you going to call yourself now?  Pumpkin, Pickle and  Princess? lol

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Welcome back Gemma!  :dance: Your sweet little girl is beautiful  bear_wub it will be great to see your lovely creations again....do come and say hello at Hugglets in September too!  :hug:

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Welcome back Gemma!! Imogen is quite a cutie, it's easy to see why the bears were put on the back burner.

Hugs,

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hi Gemma, welcome back to the bear world  bear_grin .  Such a pretty little girl you have  bear_wub

Pauline

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Nice to see you back in the bear making world Gemma....I will look forward to seeing your new creations bear_thumb
Your Imogen is so pretty and she has such lovely blue eyes.I love the second photo of her...she looks just like a little flower fairy bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Imogen is darling!  Love the hat to crocheted for her.  Welcome back!

Hugs,
Alison
www.teddybearmohair.com

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hiya Gemma, and Imogen!!   For some reason I must have beeen in a parallel universe and didn't know you'd had a little princess, awwww bless her heart!!  Do the boys love her to bits I'll bet they do!!   bear_wub  bear_wub   My only advice, enjoy her now because when she gets to 14 she'll be in danger of being as 'orrid as mine is right now!!!    bear_angry  bear_angry Sheesh she's hard work!!!   bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Looking forward to seeing a lots of new bears hun......xxx

The Rabbit Maker The Rabbit Maker
England
Website

Gosh you will have your hands full ! Big congratulations though and great crocheting, love the bluebell pic !

East Sussex

Aww, thank you so much everybody!  :hug:

She really is a cutie, isn't she? She's such a good girl too! I still haven't got used to having fair-haired, blue-eyed baby as both boys have dark hair and dark brown eyes (like me!). Imogen is more like my husband who had white-blonde hair as a baby/toddler and has very blue eyes...the only thing she really gets from me is her very pale skin and dimples!

Clare (Fuller)...I was thinking about the name!! Thought of the one you suggested too! No, I won't change it really but maybe I'll have to introduce a range of bears called 'Little Poppets' or something like that?! LOL

Clare (Davis-Tedd)...yes, the boys love her dearly. I'm not looking forward to one day having a teenage daughter (although I was never a handful as a teenager)...it's bad enough with James doing his 'it's not fair' routine and stomping up the stairs at the moment...and he's only 8!!!

Board footer