Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Just sending best wishes and hugs.  I truly hope that things work out for you both and hang on to that love you share - nothing else really matters as long as you have each other.

I am forever grateful that I live where I do and thank God daily for the freedom that some of us have in our home countries.  Reading your story brings home to me what a truly universal art bear making is and of course that is the thread that bought us together and the thread that keeps us together.  Hope you are using the strongest thread available!

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

A big thankyou once again for your wishes, we have found somewhere to live which is a lovely portuguese house and we are meeting the landlord next tuesday to sort details and sign papers so hopefully this will be our new home. we will be taking 2 of the dogs with us and the other 2 which are total free spirts and disappear alday lol will be here on the land to watch over our storage. also on the upside we have a few enquires about people putting a caravan on our land to live  in and pay us rent, which is great, and we have a few people interested in buying the house and moving it to new location.
so we are staying positive and looking forward to our new adventure, it is only a house and we can make a home anywhere. we are going to give ourselves a year break before we start to think of what we are going to do i.e sell the land, buy a place etc.

so thankyou for giving me the strength and good wishes, hugs Susan  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Oh crumbs Susan, I'm so sorry!  I have only just come across your thread and just can't believe the bad luck you are having.  My brain's mush at the moment and I cant think of any real good advice because I do not know the laws of your government regarding your house.  But I want to wish you all the luck in the world, I am sure things will work out for the better for you, hubby and doggies. 

Of course, there is still dear old Rochester you know!!!  Ha!  My advice, don't come back to this country, it's going to the dogs in  a big way these days; I think you are far better off where you are.  You almost need permission to scratch your nose here (but then "elf & safety" would want you to wear a glove for protection!)

You will be fine I am sure Susan, but I'll still keep everything crossed for you and will be thinking of you.  Take care.

Hugs, :hug:

Marilyn x bear_flower

puca bears puca bears

I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you Susan  - and I hope it continues to go well, and you can feel settled again
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Lovely to hear better news Susan, long may it continue and you settle soon......xxx

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Glad things are looking better for you, hope everything works out well for you  :hug:

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

Hi Susan,

That is good news that you have found somewhere to live but it's shame that it has come to this.  It is odd that it's okay for a caravan to be on the land and not a wooden house....  bear_wacko   I think turning your land into a caravan site might not be a bad option - that way you will get some kind of income from it without too much hassle.  Is there plenty of space for a few more caravans and tents?  It would make sense to try and make the land work for you if you could.

A lot of people in the UK seem to be taking the camping option more these days.  When we're away on kitesurfing weekends we've chatted to quite a lot of people who are new to camping, but for them it's a good option as it's cheaper than hotels and they can have more long weekends etc away with the family with very little overall cost.

Best of luck with whatever you decide and don't let the buggers get you down.  And you're right of course when you say that you can make a home anywhere.  We've moved 6 times in the last 12 years and only one of those moves was our choice, but we've always just got on with enjoying where we are.  It's the people that make a home, not the building, so you've both got the right idea in seeing it as a new adventure.  Life's too short to dwell and look back on things.

Sending you lots of good wishes....  :hug:  :pray:  bear_original

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

Thanks guys,
and returning to Rochester will not happen Marilyn lol sad really used to be a lovely place.
we move on the 15th July which is great, and we have got a local bar sorted really nearby, oh the important things in life lol.

we cant do a whole caravan site as you need a license here but to have a couple is not a problem, so it will bring something in.

thanks for all your wishes and hugs so greatly received.

hugs  Susan

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Great news Susan! bear_grin
You're completely right about making your home anywhere & I agree with you that it's a good idea to give yourselves a year off to get to grips with things. We were flooded a couple of years ago when we'd only moved into the house 3 months previously & it seemed like the end of the world at the time as we had to move out for 6 months. But we've been back a while now & it just seems like a distant memory & the insurance company did a beautiful job (with approx £50,000!!) & we are so lucky to have a beautiful home.... As we've said previously, everything happens for a reason & this could be the making of you! Plus you get to keep your dogs.... What could be better?!
Keep us posted & remember we're all behind you so GOOD LUCK! bear_wub
Hugs,
Julia x

Board footer