Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

P7010089.JPGMy voice is not heard a lot on the posts here, but I am still here.  I am just so busy with so many things right now.  Well this is one of the things demanding my time.  This is George and Gracie.  They are robin fledglings that were in need of a secure home until they are old enough to be on their own.  George fell from a tree in my yard.  Fortunately for him, I was right there when he fell.  Otherwise he would have been dinner for a cat.  His nest was in the top of the tree, and there was no way for me to return him.  So I adopted him.  I then received a call from my sister with a similar situation.  Gracie was stolen from her nest by a crow.  My niece was there when the crow dropped Gracie and she came to her rescue.  So my sunroom has become a temporary home for these little ones until they are able to make it in the great outdoors.  They really are a lot of fun, and they are extremely friendly.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203
desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Oh how sweet, they are lucky to have found you.

Joanne

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Aww Millie they are beautiful!   
Hugs,
Janice

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub What a wonderful person you are to do that for those poor innocent babes.  I hope they make it ok in the big wide world.
Hugs Pat

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Nina, you are the best!  How compassionate you are to foster these babies until they can take care of themselves.
I love what you do.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, what a lovely story, hope they have a long and happy life  bear_original

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Well, it has happened again.  Last night I received a call about a baby bird.  I went to pick it up and, behold, another baby robin.  This little one is much younger than the other two.  He just barely has his eyes open and is just beginning to feather.  I wasn't sure if he could even make it through the night.  But this morning he seems much more stable.  He is eating fairly well and has warmed up.  At this point, no name and no pictures.

Sue Ann, thank you so much.  I know many people would not understand why I do what I do.  I guess it's just in my blood.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Millie, how can anyone NOT understand - just look at these two little creatures!  They needed a helping hand and you gave it to them -bless you!!!   As for new baby robin - things always come in threes, don't they?  bear_original   I hope they grow strong and have a wonderful life - you are a treasure. 

We had a lady in Ottawa that started out like you and ended up starting and managing the Wild Bird Centre.  It started with a little hummingbird and once people knew she was successful, they brought birds to her and voila, before she knew it, there were fundraisers etc and the Wild Bird Centre was born.  That was many years ago and she's still at it, so you'd better watch out  bear_grin   (((Hugs)))) to you for your warm heart.

hugs,

Brenda

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

oh well done, lovely pic of them too, i am riht into birds at the moment !
thanks for taking care of them, it is also interesting for me to see a non European robin
cat xxxx :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

What a kind and loving person you are to take in the little birdies. The world needs more people like you in it! Perhaps calling your local Audubon Society to see if they can give you advice. Meaning how  to integrate them back into the wild so they know how to hunt and feed themselves since they don't have a  mother to teach them. Or the local ASPCA or Humane society may have ideas.... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer