Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

I'm using 1/4 inch loc-line in appendages and the instructions on Edinburgh state simply to drop it in the appendage and  add stuffing around the armature. 

I am not finding this a 'happy' solution on my attempts...I still get the 'lumpy-bumpys' and I am concerned about  a tendency for stuffing migration with repeated movement of the limb over time. 

I am thinking that wraping the the loc-line in batting as we do cabling would not be amiss here. 

In addition, the 'free floating' end of the lock line in the paw seems to be more unstable than the cable end ever was.  What's with that?  The instructions for its use nowhere state the need to secure it, but I am thinking it will need to be attached securely in the end of the paw as well. 

Any thoughts or experience?

Pat

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi, Pat.  Have you looked in the library under "Armature"?  There are a lot of references to loc-line there.

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

Thanks Sue Ann, read them all...in fact, several time since I started working with this stuff.  I went ahead and wrapped the armature in polyester quilting, secured with vet wrap as is my method....doubling over the paw pad ends and stuffing the paws securely with poly...this seems to work much better and they were secure enough to pull toes.  The loc line is still moveable, and quieter with the batting around it....so I will say this,....it BENEFITS from being wrapped.

Pat

Board footer