Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

ThimbleBearyOriginals-AlmostThere.jpgAlmostTheresmall1.jpgHi Everyone! bear_flower I recently created this vignette of three miniature bears (3 1/4 inches each), working on getting their little blue car to the bear show just up the road.  Poor bear in back, he has to push them up a hill!  But it's all worth it to get to the bear show! :lol:

Here is the little story that I submitted to Bears & Buds for the URSA Awards competition.  This what I was thinking the entire time I worked on this piece (also gives a description of the materials I used):

Three little bears are almost to the Bear Show!  They were driving along, when suddenly, their little car could not get up the hill.  What to do?  Push, of course!  And with one to steer and one to give instructions!  Poor little bear in back is working hard, but he'll get the job done!  This vignette was created with three miniature bears, all from imported faux fur, blown-glass doll eyes with Ultrasuede eyelids, and sculpted epoxy clay noses.  Their arms are wired for posing, the foot pads are Ultrasuede, and they are shaded with oils.  The bears and the car are removable from the scene.  The scene itself was also handmade by the artist and created from a variety of miniature railroad and sculpting supplies applied to a wooden base.

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

How cute!

Federbaerchen Federbaerchen
Munich - Germany

WOW, I love the tableau you have created! It looks absolutely great! Yes, poor little bear who has to push the car and the other two bears!

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

What a lovely tableau, Tracy, and so funny  bear_laugh .

I guess the two bears in the car don't (or won't) realize they would get a lot quicker to the show if they all pushed !   :crackup:

Wonderful !

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Hee hee, what fun

emmastephens Emma Stephens Crafty Creations
Gloucestershire

Aww that's an adorable little scene, I love it  bear_thumb

Emma
xxx

Fallenrose near Cologne

I totally agree with the others, this vignette looks just fabulous - you put so much effort into it!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Thanks so much everyone!! :hug:  :hug:  I have added the full story (above) that I had submitted along with the photos to the URSA Awards Competition.  The story is what I was thinking of the entire time I worked on this.....it was fun! bear_grin  I'm so glad those who see it are also getting a smile or a chuckle out of it....a perfect ending to the story! bear_thumb

Good Juju Bears and Dolls Good Juju Bears and Dolls
From Spain and live in Germany

So a great idea. They look so cute  bear_wub !!! I had to smile as I show them  bear_grin . Good job! bear_thumb

Board footer