Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

phpKnCZkzAM.jpgHey Everyone

So I've completed my second attempt at this Blizzard pattern. It's not my own, it is by Sue Lawson of Born Again Bears, purchased from Bear Basics but it is a great pattern.

Despite me wanting to move into my own designs completely, this was done for a friend who after much begging (on her part) offered to pay materials if I would make her one. Have to say most stressful bear I've ever made knowing someone else’s money is going into it but from a solely technical point it's my best so far.

I'm actually really pleased with him in the end. This is the best nose I've ever done and is stitched twice with wax over the top. He is woodwool stuffed in the nose, woodwool poly mix in the head, poly throughout with steel shot in his bum and legs (he weighs a ton!). He's made from a dense Schulte Polar Mohair is nut and bolt jointed, with a cotter at the head, wool felt paws with stitched detail and glass eyes with whites.

Anyway, let me know what you think. Criticisms welcome. He hasn't got a name yet, thought I'd leave that to his new Mummy.

Richard
x

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

He is a great looking bear Richard.  You did a fab job on him. :clap:

Teddy Tales My Teddy Tales
Massachusetts

Oh I love him Richard, he came out great. :clap:  :clap:

Bear Hugs,
Louise

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Clearly it's a beautifully made bear!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

You should be proud, and your friend should be very, very happy.  :dance:

Becky

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I really think he is fantastic.  You are really moving along with your bear making skills.  Eye placement, nose, everything well done.

Joanne

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Thanks everyone. That's really great to hear. Sometimes, as a newbie, seeing all of your fantastic (in every sense of the word) bears can be a bit disheartening so that's a real boost. Will make sure to let you know how he goes down when I hand him over on Tuesday.

Richard
x

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Wow, you did a great job there, Rich; he really looks fantastic.   bear_thumb

Even though it may not be your own design, he looks fab !  The muzzle and the eyes and the nose are great and I just love his humps.  bear_wub
How big is he ?

Rich1988 wrote:

Have to say most stressful bear I've ever made knowing someone else’s money is going into it but from a solely technical point it's my best so farx

Get used to it  bear_grin .  I think you should charge all the hours you spent on making this bear as well...  (but that's just the banker in me speaking  bear_whistle ).

Wonderful job  :clap:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I think you've done a great job Rich  :clap:  He has such a great expression on his face  bear_thumb 

I've had a few goes at doing my own designs but I still like trying other peoples patterns, you can learn so much from them (and it means I can keep them).  I know how you feel about producing a bear for money  bear_grin I've only done it once at the beginning of the year, but I was exprememly critical of my bear (even more than usual  bear_whistle ) and until you hear the new mum/dads reaction its quite nerve racking!  However, who wouldn't fall in love with a face like Blizzards  bear_wub

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

I can see the many hours of excellent work that have gone in to this bear Richard - he looks absolutely fab!  :clap:  :clap:
Well done indeed (bet your friend's thrilled too!  bear_flower )

Huggies , Ruth x

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Aawww thanks everyone. You're all fab! (how are you by the way Ruth? How did the fair go? Well done on your prize!  bear_grin )
And Peter he's quite big, about 18inches long (although he's wrapped and bagged so that's an estimate). As for charging for the exact hours.... crikey!!! I don't think I have a price tag big enough for that many 0's  bear_tongue

Richard
x

clare14 Country Bears
England

He IS superb Richard, you should be very proud and I'll bet your friend is over the moon!!!   bear_wub

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Ah Richard he is stunning, I know he is from a pattern but the eye placement is perfect and so are the ears. The trimming around his face looks just right and the so does the leg placement....................so you should be very proud...............he is gorgeous  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

You have done a wonderful job on him Richard....you should be proud bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Oh you've all made me so so happy I can't tell you! Honestly. So happy.
Will let you know if his Mummy likes him.
Glad you can see the improvement Sue as you saw Blizzard 1 in the fur.
Oh maybe I am a bear maker after all hehe.
Now to see if I can design just as well.....

Richard
x

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Told you  bear_tongue  I knew you were a bear maker when we first met............................try your own pattern...............................what have you got to loose!!!!!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Wow!  He's wonderful!  I'm sure your friend will love him!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Richard he's adorable and so well and carefully made, yes you should be proud  bear_wub

Pauline

Vicki Posts: 99

Oh he's just simply adorable!!  I love the way you did his eyes, and the fur is beautiful!!  What a handsome fellow!!  bear_thumb

~Vicki

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

:crackup: Sue of Fenbeary, I was just on your blog and reading and I loved it so much.  You make a great writer of short stories. Thanx for sharing
Hugs Pat

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, he came out beautifully, I'm sure his new mum will love that wistful little expression, it definitely says 'hug me'

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

bear_thumb  bear_thumb   He's a great looking bear and you should be proud of your work on him.  I love the expression you have given him - almost like he's been up to something and knows that you know....  if you know what I mean.   bear_happy  bear_happy

Hugs,

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
peterbear wrote:

I think you should charge all the hours you spent on making this bear as well...  (but that's just the banker in me speaking  bear_whistle ).

Wonderful job  :clap:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

I may do that one day.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Good Juju Bears and Dolls Good Juju Bears and Dolls
From Spain and live in Germany

I love him!!! You did a great job with him. I'm sure your friend would like him  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub !

Board footer