Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Pages:
Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Becky wrote: People in rural areas might choose to let their cats enjoy the joys of exploring and hunting and running up trees, and they deal with the fleas and risks that come with an outdoor life. Both lifestyles can be good options

I see what you are saying Becky. For there are those in the "outdoor" corner that are just a passionate as those on the "indoor"  side. It boils down to what people can live with.

But if I can make a plea to those who want their cats (or other animals) outdoors, please get them fixed so that the stray population doesn't grow. Also vaccinate and get regular check ups for them. It is so important for their health.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Great points, Helen - very important!  bear_thumb

Becky

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Yesterday, on the radio I heard that a man was stopped for running a red light or speeding so they pulled him over.  The officer heard a cat crying inside the car.  The sound was coming from the trunk.  So when the officer opened the trunk, he found a cat marinating in oil, garlic and hot peppers.  The man said that he had planned to eat the cat because the cat was such a horrible cat.  (I don't remember the exact excuse that the man used) But I was so sick to my stomach to hear this on the news, that I had to change the channel.  The Sicko! I can't believe the things that people do to animals.  I was just so disgusted. 

Thank goodness that all my teddy bear friends are animal lovers!

hugs,
Sheila

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Shelia wrote: So when the officer opened the trunk, he found a cat marinating in oil, garlic and hot peppers.  The man said that he had planned to eat the cat because the cat was such a horrible cat.

Oh Sheila that is terrible. What a crazy nut that man is to want to eat his cat! And to marinate the poor little thing is atrocious! That is another one that needs professional help...

K Pawz Guest

oh my word, what an evil woman, someone needs to shove her in a trash can!

Hugs
Krista

Karon Posts: 751

How totally bizarre - fancy marinating the cat alive.

Now that one really is a total nut-case!

No wonder the cat was "horrible" with an owner like that.  Poor thing!

emmastephens Emma Stephens Crafty Creations
Gloucestershire

How on earth did that woman expect the cat to wriggle out of the bin when they are designed to be animal-proof?!
I hate the thought that something like that could happen to my cat but I couldn't keep her indoors, she enjoys going out too much.
Before we got her nutered we had a little pen of wire mesh made that was attached to the back door so she could wander in and out if she fancied it, and she used to climb up the side of the house in order to get out and explore! She's very much an independent cat :P
It's unbelievable the things people do to animals, I think there should be harsher punishments by law, cruelty is never acceptable no matter what species it's aimed at!

Emma
xxx

Pages:

Board footer