Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Dear friends,

First of all let me apologize to all TT'ers I didn't get the chance to talk to : I am very sorry !  bear_shocked    I only arrived in London at 12.30 AM and because of my own stupidity ( bear_laugh ) I got off at the wrong tube station and it took me a while to realize where I was.  So in the end I ended up at 1.30 PM at the show, which only left me 2 1/2 hours to do the full tour and say hi to everybody.  As you can imagine that wasn't nearly enough time, so next time (hopefully February  bear_whistle ), I promise I will be better organized.

Anyway, even though my time was limited, I did manage to adopt a few bears and I would like to share some photos of them with you.

So here they are :

ERNIE (Molly's long awaited boyfriend), made by Dawn James of Hugs Unlimited

Ernie01TTbis.jpg  Ernie__Molly06TTbisss.jpg

JAMES, a delightfully soft and fluffy and heavy 19" teddy, looking very smart in his waistcoat.  He is also one of Dawn's Hugs Unlimited Bears

James01TTbis.jpg  James02TTbis.jpg

GEORGE is an extraordinary traditional vintage style teddy, standing 25" tall, made from real vintage mohair (dating from the 1930's).  He was made by Brigitte Smith (Pawtrait Bears), who is well known for her very realistic bears.

George03TTbis.jpg  George01TTbis.jpg

And finally, no teddy bear show could be complete for me, if one of Marilyn Lambert's Barling Bears didn't go home with me.  This cute guy is called FINLEY, standing approximately 15" tall and is made from very soft greyish/beige mohair.

Finley01TTbis.jpg  Finley02TTbis.jpg

Here they are all together.  For being just 2 1/2 hours at the show, and considering that I had put a strict limit on my bear-spending budget, I think this is quite an achievement even for me !   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Huggglets01TTbis.jpg

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi Peter, you did really well in the short time you were there.  Gorgeous bears  bear_wub   It was great to finally meet you and to see Ernie and Mollys meeting  bear_grin   Will you be doing any article this year about your adventure?

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
Lovethosebears wrote:

Hi Peter, you did really well in the short time you were there.  Gorgeous bears  bear_wub   It was great to finally meet you and to see Ernie and Mollys meeting  bear_grin   Will you be doing any article this year about your adventure?

Thank you Ali !  I hope you did not go home empty handed ??  bear_sad

As far as the article is concerned : I have already written it  bear_tongue , but it will be up to Dawn to decide if it's good enough for publication !   bear_whistle

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

What a very fine group of Bears you chose to share your life with Peter.  I am hopeless with the tubes and not surprised you got a wee bit lost!  I'm glad you still had a wonderful time and that Molly will now be one very happy girl  bear_thumb
Have a lovely week recovering and introducing the Bears to all their friends  :hug:
Hugs
Catherine
x

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

You did very well with a budget and so little time lol

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

They look fabulous, I can understand why you chose them  bear_wub

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Guess what Peter.... I love them all  bear_tongue
I'm particular partial to James I must admit and darn it I will get a Barling Bear one day soon hehe! How many do you have now?

Richard
x

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

They are all fantastic.  I am just so happy to see Ernie, he is the one I have been sitting on pins and needles to see.

Joanne

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Another lovely selection of bears Peter  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
You will need a bigger house soon bear_whistle
Laurie :hug:

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

I love them! They look like such a huggable group. bear_smile  bear_wub

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

Gorgeous bears! bear_wub  Welldone!

honusms Fort Worth, Texas

What a great group to add to your hug!  Well done!

I am particularly fond of James, as well.  Such character and wisdom....

Sue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  You did really well with your selection of bears, Peter!

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I was on a REALLY tight budget and didn't find one bear that spoke to me  bear_cry well not that I could afford  bear_grin  However I did pick up some more supplies so I was a happy bunny!

I must say that I too am drawn to James, yep its all that long fluffy mohair - gorgeous!

Miss Petula Pie Miss Petula Pie

Beautiful bears  bear_thumb
George is fantastic, extraordinary mohair  bear_wub

beartrande Bearlypink Bears
Website

I was there ready for the doors to open and headed straight for Kaycee Bears! I now have a totally gorgeous 1/1 Brock sitting looking at me and asking for another hug! I also adopted Woo Woo who was officially released on Sunday. Plus Mungo - a Charlie Bear minimo, a Deb Canham dragon, and a 'Teeny Bear' - cupcake sitting in his own cupcake!

I also treated myself to some mohair:)

After that I was laden down and broke, but happy  bear_original

IMG_6318.JPG

Karon Posts: 751

My goodness, perhaps it was best for your card, that you didn't have more time!

Some very nice bears, I particularly like the Pawtrait bear - lovely!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  bear_wub So many bears, so little time.  But you did really well Peter, I love them all.  I wish to have a Barling bear some day also.  I am sure you had a lovely time even tho it was short.
Thanx for sharing
Hugs Pat bear_flower

sandra p skye rose bears
kent
Website

your bears are wonderful peter,i was there on sunday but didnt see you,i had a hard time remembering i went to buy supplies , not bears,lol, ive been invited to exhibit in february,so maybe i'll catch you then
sandra
www.skyerosebears.com

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

It was lovely to see you Peter - lol it always seems to be my bears that are tucking into chocolate and biscuits! I really cannot imagine where they get that from!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Hi Peter

A lovely hug of bears.  Very glad to hear that you managed to make the most of your limited time. Sorry I missed you on Sunday.  I had a lovely wander around the fair and picked up some lovely pure silk plush from the Japan Teddy Co. 

Hugs

Sue

pipkins bears pipkins bears
Branston, Staffordshire
Website

oh what a lovely hug you got I hope you enjoyed your time at hugglets even if it was shorter than you wanted  bear_thumb

donatel Berlin
Website

Hi, Peter! Great selection for a shot time! Sorry I missed you on Sunday  bear_sad

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Lovely bears Peter! Aren't you lucky!  I love how authentic George looks  bear_wub  he's lovely!

puca bears puca bears

I LOVE your teddy tales, Peter........the bears are very lucky to have you as their "dad"
huggies
Maria

Board footer