Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Cooper is doing wonderful, feeling more at home everyday, Miss Tiff still likes to boss him some  bear_grin  bear_grin  he loves Tiff though! Say a little prayer for him, I take him in Wed. morning for his teeth cleaning, hope they don't find any bad teeth that would have to be removed......I took this picture today, while he was resting......his fur is growing back pretty fast, don't you think he has a sweet face  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

cooperoct112010.jpg

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

He is adorable and he's a very lucky guy to have such a wonderful family!!!

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Good looking dog!  :thumbsup:

His hair is growing in nicely.  It will probably take a couple of groomings before there is a difference between the length of his coat and the length of his mustache but, even so, he is looking more schnoz-like all the time.  He's got the schnoz eyebrows and his coat looks good.

He's got nice, clear eyes.  Our schnauzer had cataracts which made his eyes look cloudy.  From what I was told, that's common for schnauzers as they get older.

How do you feel about his teeth?  Have you looked?  Do you think he shows any signs of pain when he eats?  Does he have really bad breath?  Not just your average "dog breath."  I mean STINKY dog breath!"  ;)
He doesn't look like he has teeth problems.  But what can you tell by looking at a picture on the internet?

Anyway... Glad Cooper is doing well.  bear_original

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado
Us Bears wrote:

Good looking dog!  :thumbsup:

His hair is growing in nicely.  It will probably take a couple of groomings before there is a difference between the length of his coat and the length of his mustache but, even so, he is looking more schnoz-like all the time.  He's got the schnoz eyebrows and his coat looks good.

He's got nice, clear eyes.  Our schnauzer had cataracts which made his eyes look cloudy.  From what I was told, that's common for schnauzers as they get older.

How do you feel about his teeth?  Have you looked?  Do you think he shows any signs of pain when he eats?  Does he have really bad breath?  Not just your average "dog breath."  I mean STINKY dog breath!"  ;)
He doesn't look like he has teeth problems.  But what can you tell by looking at a picture on the internet?

Anyway... Glad Cooper is doing well.  :)

thanks, they are pretty dirty (stained) I hope that is all, his breath is not terrible, but is compared to Miss Tiffs it is bad, I did start brushing his teeth everyday when I got him so he would get use to the idea, he does not seem to mind it at all, so that is great!

Us Bears Pennsylvania

If he tolerates you brushing his teeth then he's not in any obvious pain.  Not a conclusive sign but still a good sign.

It's good to get his teeth cleaned.  As calculus (tartar) builds up on a dog's teeth, the bacteria which harbor below the gum line can exude toxins that the dog swallows.  Over time this can affect a dog's health and make him sick.  It's good that you're getting his teeth cleaned.  If his teeth are making his mouth stinky he's overdue.  It might be better to give him the full cleaning under anesthetic instead of the "no sleep" treatments that some vets use.  I don't know for sure.  You have to weigh the circumstances.  My dad always had his dogs anesthetized so they could have the full treatment.

He might "complain" about it for a day or so, afterward, but he'll end up being healthier.

I'll bet you Cooper perks up quite a bit after his visit to the dog dentist.  bear_thumb

Densteds Densteds
Website

Tami, he's looking absolutely wonderful, what a beautiful boy.... bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Have you been practicing your airbrushing on him??  bear_grin  bear_grin

Relish Bears Relish Bears
Adelaide

What a beautiful looking dog!

MZemeski Posts: 151

Tami - He's adorable!! Sweet looking little guy! I hope all goes well with his teeth getting cleaned.

Hugs,
Melissa

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh what a precious pup Cooper is, he certainly looks a handsome guy.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado
Us Bears wrote:

It might be better to give him the full cleaning under anesthetic instead of the "no sleep" treatments that some vets use.

I'll bet you Cooper perks up quite a bit after his visit to the dog dentist.  :thumbsup:

Yes he will be put to sleep for the cleaning! I have to take him over there at 8:00 in the morning, but they said I should be able to pick him up after lunch.  I will be glad when it is all over and I know he will.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Cooper is simply darling Tami!  bear_wub  bear_wub

Us Bears Pennsylvania
TamiL wrote:

I will be glad when it is all over and I know he will.

He'll be fine!  :thumbsup:
In a day or so, after he recovers from the anesthetic, he'll probably be acting like a new dog.

His mouth might be a bit sore for a while.  That might put him off his food.  Sometimes they'll eat better if they are offered soft food for a day or two.

But, once all that bacteria is gone, he won't have stinky dog breath anymore.  Then, when he isn't swallowing all that nasty poison the bacteria produce, his health will likely get better, overall.  I bet he'll be perkier and more responsive.

He'll be feeling a little under the weather when you bring him home and it will last until tomorrow or the next day but, once that's over, you'll be glad you had his teeth cleaned!  bear_cool

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, who could resist those big eyes!  Hope all goes well for him tomorrow

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great looking pup, Tami!  Good luck tomorrow with his teeth cleaning - to both of you.

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

What a pretty dog Cooper is.  I suppose I shouldn't say pretty because he is a boy but he is.  I just love his color.

Board footer