Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

something to put into a skunk that will squirt.

Here's the story: Someone I know loves skunks. I make him a skunk last year. When I saw him this year, he told me how much he loves the skunk, but wished that he had one that squirts! Since I try very hard to make critters that people want, I told him no problem! The problem is, there is a problem.....I am not sure what I can use to put inside the skunk (he will have velcro to get this thing in and out to refill) that will not leak, but will squirt when squeezed.

I ws given a suggestion of a lemon or lime container, the one that looks like a lemon or lime, but not sure how that can be re-filled.

Oh, what did I get myself in for?!?!?!?!?!?!  :doh:  bear_shocked

thanks for any thoughts and suggestions.................

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

How about one of those little hand squirters from a gag shop?

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

If you have access to a magic shop, they do things like squirters for fake flowers for clowns and the like, that might work

MadScientwist Posts: 65

Maybe you could even get one of those small pool tools that look like an animal, but squirt?

Us Bears Pennsylvania
rowarrior wrote:

If you have access to a magic shop, they do things like squirters for fake flowers for clowns and the like, that might work

I'm with Katy.  A magic shop or a joke shop would be the best places to look.  Since it's Halloween season, these items should be plentiful in any novelty shop.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Well, I guess the Internet will be my friend....no magic shops around here, unltess I drove 1 1/2 hours and there's no time to do that!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Ellen

Us Bears Pennsylvania

There is a store called "Tannen's Magic" in New York City.  This is the place where all the pros go to buy their magical props.  Tannen's is a landmark in the magic world.  You'll find them on 34th Street near 6th Avenue.

In Boston, there is a place known as "Hank Lee's Magic Factory."  Again, they are one of the biggies.  Professional stuff.
Hank Lee's is actually located in Medford, which is about 15 minutes drive north of Boston.

If you are in Toronto, "Morrissey's" is the place.  They are on Dufferin Street.

In Cleveland, OH you will want to go to "Illusions" magic shop.  The owner, Buck Bresler, is an old-time magician.  I have seen him do amazing card tricks just standing around to pass the time.  He does the best back-and-front card manipulations I have ever seen.  Illusions is in Willowick, OH.  It's a short drive east of Cleveland.  They are on Vine Street.

As you might have already guessed, I have been to all of these stores.  Magic is one of my many and varied hobbies.

Even though all of these shops are professional dealers they will all have a supply of magical novelties and joke items.  When Halloween time comes around they all stock up on novelties because Halloween is their busiest time of the year.

All of these places have websites.  You can Google them.  They all have telephone reps who can help you.  If you are anywhere near them, you can visit their shops.  The people there are always helpful.

Fail that, you can look in your phone book for "Magic" or "Novelties."  There has got to be at least one store within driving distance.  If you don't have any place, you can always fall back on "Spencer Gifts" in the local shopping mall.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Thanks for the possibilities, US Bears. I will have to google them, there is no listing in my phone book for Magic or Novelty.....I live about 45 minutes from the Canadian Border, (2 hours south of Ottawa)  we got a Wal-Mart 1 year ago, up til then we had to drive 1 hour to buy Underwear! I am not complaining, I love it up here, but shopping is horrible! Scenery is gorgeous and I'd rather have the scenery than the shopping!  bear_grin I will check out the malls when we head to visit my Mom or Mom-In-Law.................

Thanks everyone for your ideas....keep 'em coming................

Ellen

Us Bears Pennsylvania

The reason why I suggested professional magic shops is because magicians have experience at "rigging" things.  You know...  Secret compartments, trap doors or hidden gizmos.  All that sort of thing.

You want a "hidden gizmo" that can make a plush skunk squirt.  Who better to ask than a professional magician?  :cool:

If I was in that position, I'd go right into the magic shop and tell the clerk, right up front, what I'm doing and what I want to accomplish.  Approach the situation as a professional speaking to another professional.  You're looking for a consultant in secret skulduggery.  Right?  Again...  Who better to ask than a professional skulduggerer?

You've also got Halloween going in your favor.  Every Tom, Dick and Harry is going to be out looking for fake blood, rubber clown noses and any other sort of cheap plastic novelty item that you can imagine for Halloween.  This is the high season for magic shops.  They should be stocked up on this kind of stuff.

And, they should be expecting all sorts of people who don't know much about magic to come in looking for cheap plastic junk, too.  So, you won't be out of place walking in to a shop asking for stuff like that.

Still... Use the "professional consultant" angle.  Even say that...  "I'm looking for a professional consultant."  You know, butter up the guy's ego a little bit!  ;)

Walk right in and say, "I'm looking for a way to gaff a plush, toy skunk." 

Be sure to use the word, "GAFF."
"Gaff" is a magician's term used to mean that something is secretly rigged in order to achieve some magical effect.  For example, if I wanted to make your skunk appear to levitate and fly around the room, I might attach a piece of very thin, invisible thread to it.  I would have gaffed your skunk to make it fly.

BTW:  I thought of one more magic shop I forgot to put on your list:

"Four Jokers Magic" in Tonawanda, NY.  (Near Buffalo.)
Located on Main St. between Broad St. and Adam St.

Board footer