Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

Many years ago- about 6 - the Australian Cheap Chat Forum had a bear donated to them to raise funds for the moon bears.  This bear was called 'Flinders' and travelled the world from one bear lover to the next.  Each 'host' took photos of him in their city and sent him on to the next person with a souvenir of his visit.  Flinders travelled the world and visited many diverse places and was amassing a wonderful collection of photos, memories and souvenirs.  The idea was that at the end of his travels he was to be auctioned off on ebay and the proceeds went to Beary Cheap (I think) to donate to their moon bear cause.

Alas, nothing has been heard of Flinders for several years now and I have made it my mission to try and track him down and let him complete his journey.

Please, please, please if any of you have any information about Flinders at all could you let me know.  Even if you at some stage hosted him could you give me an approximate date and if you can remember who he was sent on to that information would also be very welcome.

Flinders come home PLEASE

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Clare,

I read in New Zealand Ted magazine of a little Australian bear called Digger that is travelling the world and was in NZ now.
Sorry I am not able to  help you with the bear called Flinders - hope someone knows of where he is... good luck.

Hugs
Carolyn

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I am soooo sorry to hear that Flinders is lost! I had Flinders for a while in Nov. 2006. We had a great time together....took him to the St. Lawrence Seaway, to a local park, my dog even got his picture taken with him. When he was done visiting me, he went off to visit some other people. Don't remember now where I sent him off to.

In March of 2006, I sent my own Moon Bears traveling. Franzi traveled to Australia, NZ, UK, China, UK and back home. She was home for a while, then went to the UK for an on-line auction and was adopted. The second one, Andy, left here in April and traveled the US. He got lost and hasn't been heard from since 2007. I hope and pray that someday he will show up at my door step, but ..................

Good luck finding Flinders. If anyone knows about Andy, tell him Mom misses him and hopes he will come back home soon.

Ellen

yuklin Shanghai

i am sooo sorry for that. bear_cry

maybe we should sent our bear to a certain person for one trip... we should make sure that the person love the bear and will take care of our bears and sent back to us.

Lotte Rotten Posts: 108

So sorry to hear about little Flinders getting lost- I hope somebody will know where he is and let you know~~ I wish you best of luck finding out where he is, I'll keep my fingers crossed  :hug:

Board footer