Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Aubrey Everett has taken over as editor of Teddy Bear and Friends. I met Aubrey at the Chantilly Show and, at first, I thought ~ she is so young I wonder how she'll do with the magazine and us old timers? But I think it was evident to many of us that something had to be done. We need to bring in more collectors and find a way to get readers coming back to the magazine. I found this latest issue very exciting and interesting (and not because I'm mentioned bear_happy ), there are many new artists and stories that have interesting slants on teddy bears and teddy bear collecting. Then there is the new online Holiday Catalog, finally, it seems like Teddy Bear and Friends is getting savvy about using the internet.
Karen

busserbears Busser Bears
Elkhart, Indiana

I agree Karen...and did you notice the spin of the magazine...it's flat again!!  More pages...good to see, and I like the tone of it.
Leeann

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I'm looking forward to winning one of the minis in the giveaway!   :pray:

Becky

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia
KJ Lyons wrote:

Aubrey Everett has taken over as editor of Teddy Bear and Friends. I met Aubrey at the Chantilly Show and, at first, I thought ~ she is so young I wonder how she'll do with the magazine and us old timers? But I think it was evident to many of us that something had to be done. We need to bring in more collectors and find a way to get readers coming back to the magazine. I found this latest issue very exciting and interesting (and not because I'm mentioned bear_happy ), there are many new artists and stories that have interesting slants on teddy bears and teddy bear collecting. Then there is the new online Holiday Catalog, finally, it seems like Teddy Bear and Friends is getting savvy about using the internet.
Karen

Well they certainly needed to DO something with the magazine, it became so thin and lean on good stories that I stopped subscribing to it...I remember when it was three times the thickness...yep almost 200 pages. But that was in "the good ol' days" when we were actually receiving good money on a regular basis for all our creative efforts and could actually depend on it to support the household income!

But like all magazines they don't just need readers/subscribers, they need advertisers...how many of you are continuing to advertise I wonder?

I love the last comment Karen...I have complained to them about not having PayPal so many times and told them for artists overseas this would make it so much easier, not only to subscribe, but to pay for advertising in the magazine...mind you they are not the only magazine nor the only country that needs to wise up to that fact!

Well I have probably put my foot in my mouth once more.....but I hope you'll forgive me.

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Sandi you are so right with the paypal, I use it for everything and I find it more secure and I really hate giving my credit card out online but don't mind if using paypal, at least I am protected.

I still enjoy TB&F a lot I think it's a higher quality magazine than TBR. The last few issues I have received from them are like little flyers I get in the mail. I would love to advertise but the cost is just to much, I certainly hope they can bring back the quality of TBR and actually punch it up a little bit. It's mainly done in black and white a few colour pages and a lot of information on manufactured bears and not so much on artist bears.

big hugs

Shane

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I've just signed up for on-line subscription thanks to paypal and have been enjoying the recent edition and some of the past issues.  But I agree more artist bears are needed!

aeminiatures AE Miniatures
H-I-Ambacht, the Netherlands
Website

I really would like to sign up again, but when I tried I couldn't pay with Paypal. I could only chose to pay with several credit cards... What did I do wrong?  bear_sad

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
aeminiatures wrote:

I really would like to sign up again, but when I tried I couldn't pay with Paypal. I could only chose to pay with several credit cards... What did I do wrong?  :(

Only Teddy Bear Review accepts PayPal, not Teddy Bear & Friends and Review has the online magazine not Friends. The only online magazine Friends puts out is the holiday gift guide which just came out and is full of great doll and bear ads and write ups. It's free and can be found HERE.

Time will tell where the magazines are truly headed. Let's hope they continue in the right direction!!

aeminiatures AE Miniatures
H-I-Ambacht, the Netherlands
Website

Oops...  :redface: Got mixed up! Thank you, Daphne!

Board footer