Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Karon Posts: 751

Just suddenly remembered it would have been Mum's birthday today.

She passed away 25 years ago.  Doesn't seem possible!

Karon

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Dear Karon,

I can imagine you must feel a little sad on this day.  bear_sad
15 years ago my dad passed away and sometimes I recall those horrible days very vividly as if they happened only a few months ago.  bear_cry

“Time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life. You must never miss the opportunity to tell these people how much they mean to you.

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

P.S. Maybe this is what caused your lack of inspiration lately ??

Us Bears Pennsylvania

I don't want to go into a lot of details but, my father died when I was 17.  I had a hard time dealing with it for quite a while.  I still have bad days, some times.

Do you go to church?
(Personally, I'm a "C & E" -- Christmas and Easter.  bear_happy )

I found it helpful to speak my father's name during prayer at church.
Depending on the faith or denomination, there will be a time during the service.  At the typical Protestant ceremony, there is a time before the Gospel or before the Eucharist where the minister says, "We ask for your prayers for the sick and those who have passed on..." followed by a moment of silence.

That's your cue.  Say your mother's name, aloud, in the presence of the Lord.

You might think it sounds silly but, believe me, it's quite cathartic!

Karon Posts: 751

Yes, I am an a C and E person too.  Also birthdays - my Dad's would be New Years Eve - no forgetting that one!

I have New Years Eve and New Years day off work for "reflection".

Thanks for your kind words too, Peter.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

:hug: Hope you can remember all the great birthdays you spent together

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

That is a hard one Karen.  I still have my mother but haven't heard from her in years, but my Dad passed away 16 years ago and I still miss him.  His birthday was September 11 and that is the day I am most sad and say a little prayer.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

so sorry, try to remember the happy birthdays you shared  :hug:  :hug:

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Sorry to hear about your loss Karon, try and remember all of the cheery times and celebrate all of the happy memories that you have.

Lots of bear cuddles being sent your way  :hug:

Lisa x

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub So sorry Karon, it will get better.  My mom passed away 14 years ago on Dec 8th.  It does not sadden me due to the fact she was such a great mother and lived to be 90 and from where I am sitting thats pretty good.  My father died when I was a year old so never knew of him or what it was like to have a father.  My mom remarried the mailman when she was 72, and what a couple they made.
the time does go by so fast, I can not believe that my husband is gone almost 3 months already.  You just have to remember the great times that were had and keep those memories alive.
Hugs Pat bear_flower

Board footer