Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

php8gCJvLAM.jpgGood Day Everyone

And Happy Christmas Eve to you all.
So I've just gotten back from my last drop off of 2010 and it was this little fella named Timothy.
My last bear of 2010 (most likely, unless I stitch really quickly in my days off!!) he is a bit of a difference for me being only 14-16 inches tall.(I can only approximate size as daftly, I forgot to measure him, although I will ask his Mum after Christmas). It was quite fun to make this small size for a change and some parts (stuffing!) were much easier.

He's made from a sparse peppered mohair which is gorgeous and which I had much fun in cutting away to leave just the white showing on his muzzle.
He has wool felt pads with some subtle shading and stitched claws.
His nose is stitch from brown thread and has been 'dry' waxed to add a nice subtle shine.
He has needle sculpt work and shading to his face with cupped ears, also with wool felt inners. He is the owner of Black english glass eyes with emotional whites and a face which I hope cries out for a hug.
He is stuffed with polyester throughout and woodwool/polyester in his head. Finally, he has a cotter pin jointed head and nut and bolt joints through his limbs, being finished with a burgandy ribbon.
I have to admit I enjoyed creating this design and am thrilled with the outcome of proportions etc. I have another Huge guy in the works but I will also be playing with his pattern some more to see what we can do in this size.

Most importantly, his new Mum is in love with him and couldn't hug him enough so I know he's gone to a good home. What more could I ask for as a bear artist?

Anyway, hope you like him as much as his new Mum.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Richard
x

attachment.php?attachmentid=1522&d=1293201470

attachment.php?attachmentid=1523&d=1293201475

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Timothy is great.  I love the colour combinations.  Merry Christmas!

Hugs

Sue

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Richard,

What a handsome bear!  I immediately recognised this as one of your bears when I first saw the photo, which just proves that you already have your own "look"!
Well done, he looks wonderful! bear_wub
Have a smashing Christmas and look forward to seeing many more of your designs in the New Year.

Hugs

Marilyn x

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Richard,

Timothy looks great and yes: his expression does cry out for a big hug !  bear_smile

The fur is really special and gives him just a hint of "vintage look".  I can imagine his new mom is delighted with him!  bear_thumb

I am looking forward to seeing your new huge or less huge teddies in the New Year (and hopefully yourself in the fur as well  bear_grin ).

Have a great Christmas and the best New Year !

Hugs  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Christams.jpg

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Thank you and bless all of you.
The fur did come out a little more vintage than I'd planned or I would have worked more with that but hey we learn.
And so glad you can see my look coming out Marilyn. I hadn't spotted it until I saw him next to my Avatar and thought ooo there is something so yay  bear_grin
Shall be sure to try and share many creations with you next year and hope to meet you too Peter (Winter Bearfest by any chance? hehe - planning already!)
Yuletide Wishes to you all.
Hope Santa brings you lots of beary treats.

Richard
x

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

He is a star, adore him  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Fallenrose near Cologne

Great, I love his face - and Marilyn is absolutely right, I recognized him as one of your's, too!

Hugs, Ariane

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website

bravo jeune homme!!!! you can see you can make little bears!! with time you will go on!!! i recognise your paw too with the foto only!! thats normal! its because you gives about yourself in your creations!!! i hope santa  have bring you the treasures of your dreams   !!!!!!!! million hugs isa bear_grin  bear_flower  bear_smile  :crackup:  :dance:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :bday:  :bday:

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, he's lovely, and I do like his fur

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

He's a sweet one, Richard! Well done! bear_smile

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

He's adorable, what a lovely face and perfect nose too  bear_wub

Pauline

paula Posts: 13

Timothy is just adorable.  bear_wub

I am noticing that the material is a littlle bit darker above the nose, a bit around the eys and mouth.
My I ask how you got that effect?

paula

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Thanks everyone. So glad you like him.
And thanks for your comment Paula. The darker parts are simply shading with copic markers.
I would highly recommend giving them a go if you can get your hands on some. Have a practise on some fabric scraps with the different colours and if you go for it, be sure to get a blender pen, you'll be grateful should you make any mistakes.
A quick search on here re. shading should bring up a million responses which should be of help to you.

Richard
x

Lyn Parker Bears

He is Gorgeous Richard and definitely cries out Hug me !!!      bear_thumb

Bear Hugs
Lyn

paula Posts: 13
Rich1988 wrote:

Thanks everyone. So glad you like him.
And thanks for your comment Paula. The darker parts are simply shading with copic markers.
I would highly recommend giving them a go if you can get your hands on some. Have a practise on some fabric scraps with the different colours and if you go for it, be sure to get a blender pen, you'll be grateful should you make any mistakes.
A quick search on here re. shading should bring up a million responses which should be of help to you.

Richard
x

Thanks Richard....I will give it a try.
I am new to bear making.....and there is so much to learn.
I spent the whole last night reading post and my head is spinning...... :pray:

Board footer