Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Amy Lilley Posts: 32

Hello my lovely teddy-friends :-)
I have been posting here a lot lately and I do apologise for this (I am researching too, but am still a newbie). I really want to give my critters eyelashes but they seem to have disappeared from the inet! I really want black eyelashes(the kind on a strip that I can cut down and trim to fit my mini bears), but all there is on eBay is brown and blonde. I couldn't find any on Etsy either! Does anyone know where I can find them? I'm in the UK so it would be great if there was somewhere close to home :-)

... Or does anyone have any they want to destash that I could buy?
Thank you so much my lovely chums, you're all always so helpful on here- I can't wait to show you some of my creations!
Teddy hugs,
Amy xxx

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Hello from Austria,
I use to buy the one from the supermarket, where you also can by all the make-up accessories. They aren't very cosy and I can always cut them as I want them to have - try to have a look at my ballerina Kitri or my dragons
beary hugs from Austria

Amy Lilley Posts: 32

Your bears and dragons are amazing! Have you been making bears for long? The ballerina is my favourite :-) I did think about using shop-brought lashes, but will they work for small bears 1 or 2")? Xxx

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Try here http://www.sallyexpress.com/viewCategory.aspx?cid=291 They have shops you can go into as well if you check out their store locator to see if there's one local to you

karenaus Melbourne
Website

For really tiny bears you might have to put your thinking cap on, as most eyelashes are too big ( long) for minis and trimming the length is difficult to do without them looking stubby. I did find some really tiny ones I think at dollpoint.com a while back but for just lashes shipping was expensive from Germany to here. Have you also been checking doll making and supply places?
    Gerrys  here in australia ( our Schulte agent) also had some short strip lashes, I think mohair, as well. They were out of stock at the time but it might be worth checking. Also, you might also check out the brown ones as dark brown lashes often look nicer than stark black.

WoozieJu Woozie Ju Bears
North Walsham
Website

Hi Amy,
Here in the UK, Katy's right. I'm training to be a Beauty Therapist & the only supplier that will supply to the General Public is Sally Salons where the best ones I have found to use both on humans & miniature bears are by Salon Systems in "short". They're not cheap, from memory, about £6 but you do get an awful lot? If you want to try them out for not too much money, search "individual lashes" on eBay & plenty of cheaper alternatives come up although I would stick to ones in this country which clearly state "s" as the size.
Hopefully, this is the item no for the ones I found? 180607536538
Good Luck!
Julia x

Bry Thingumy & Co
Website

100_0627.jpgI get mine from Boots!!!  They have loads including Girls Aloud ones, which are super thick and fabulous for small bears of course you will need the finer sort but generally I find Boots the best place!!!

Huggles
Bry :0)

See the pic below for what I managed to get out of one eyelash from Boots :0)

K Pawz Guest

I just use the ones from the drugstore for people and trim them as needed.

Krista

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

Hi Amy,

I've been on the lookout for eyelashes for my mini bear and rabbits for ages but haven't found anything within the UK.  I did find a stockist in Australia a few months back selling mohair strips, but for the postage to the UK it wasn't worth it for me.

It is difficult for tiny bears and considering the fact that my bear eyes are generally 1mm onyx beads finding something fine enough for such small eyes without adding too much bulk is quite difficult.  I've looked at loads of falsies in various stores but they are just not suitable - too bulky for the size I need them.

If you do manage to find anything please let me know, and I'll do likewise.  I've spent quite a lot of time on the net in the past searching which just ends in frustration.

Hugs,

Board footer