Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Amy Lilley Posts: 32

Hello lovely teddy friends!
I'm going away this weekend and want to design a bear to sew whilst I'm at my mum's. I want to design a head similar to the head the bear artist has achieved in this post:

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=32229

Would I do this by using three pieces? I was thinking I could use two pieces for the muzzle and one for the back of the head. Has anyone tried this before? Will it work if I design a head this way? I've never done a three piece head before! I look forward to hearing from you all!
Teddy hugs,
Amy xx

joibear Tickled Pink Bears
Durango, Colorado

Hi Amy. . . that's my little Baby bear.  I would be happy to track down that pattern if I can and share that with you. That is a three piece head pattern as you were thinking.  When I find the pattern I'll PM you.  Have fun at your mum's!

Thank you Kelly Jo, that would be so helpful if you could :-D I haven't been on here long, so am not sure how PM's work. Could you possibly email it to me? That way I'll definately get it! My email is: lilamy88@live.co.uk
thanks so much :-)
your little bear is just gorgeous (I previously commented on your post).
Teddy hugs,
Amy xxx

Durango, Colorado

I would be happy to email it to you.  And I just saw that you posted a comment on my "Baby" post.  You're very sweet and I'm happy to help!

PS Kelly, I just looked at some of your other bears and realised that I know you from Etsy! I'm Amy from 'Blushing Dove Boutique'! I contacted you about a trade a while back because I loved your little panda and elephant-small world! As you can tell, I've started making my own bears now and am hoping to open up a new shop in a week or so. I hope you're feeling better now lovely xxx

Durango, Colorado

Excellent!  I am still holding the elephant for you. (If you still want her)  I have been going though physical therapy and am feeling a bit better now.  When we spoke before I was not doing very well.  I think I can work on the trade soon.  Yay!! Small bear world! Happy to hear you've started making bears too, it's sooo fun!

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better and thank you so much for holding the precious Ellie! Just let me know whenever you're ready to trade :-) I suffer with chronic fatigue myself, and because of this my husband and I have decided that it would be best for me to work from home (tutoring English and running my Etsy shops). So I am going to open two new shops, which is keeping me pretty busy. So there's no rush, just contact me whenever you're ready-just concentrate on getting well :-)
I look forward to seeing the pattern and adapting the head-technique for my little critters. If I practice enough they might oneday be as lovely as yours! Xxxx

Board footer