Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Jack-Boards.jpgHi everyone!

I got my creative juices flowing again, hurrah! After churning out Sloths for Hugglets last year I felt like I'd never look at another chunk of mohair ever again... then I started to design Jack bear_original

I love making sloths, but they don't give many possibilities when it comes to poses beyond 'sitting' 'sleeping' and 'hanging out' (chillaxing bear_happy ). I wanted to make some other animals before I turned into 'that girl that only makes sloths' and I'm really hoping that you can see from this guy that I've been sewing animals for nearly four years now (my four year anniversary is in March!). I think that making a werid creature carried me pretty far, but I wanted a challenge and so I decided to go for an animal that is already very popular, one with lots of competition, to challenge me to make something different but still... Lugly, I guess?

Enough about me, let's talk about Jack! He's about 19" head to toe, his ears push this up to about 24" so he's a big guy for me! He has armature in all four limbs and his ears, and magnetic paws so he will be able to hold props. he can stand unaided, although you can't just plonk him down I'm afraid: I have his legs in a bent toe position so he's standing on tip toes. I am (eventually!) going to sew a military jacket or waistcoat for him, and a company in America is making me some custom pewter medals for these hares bear_original I really hope to work on lots of costumed hares in the future, but for now here's Jack, naked in the woods!

5470617779_2795a09b86.jpg
Face 1 by Gantaeno, on Flickr

5470609157_29fc5daa62.jpg
Side 2 by Gantaeno, on Flickr

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Oh he's fab, looking forward to seeing more of this new line

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website
rowarrior wrote:

Oh he's fab, looking forward to seeing more of this new line

Thanks Katy, I'm so glad you don't think he's too much of a departure from my usual creatures bear_tongue There will be more, never fear!

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website

darling i love departure!!! so newwww!!!  its so great to go away from usuallity!!!! looove bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

bear_original  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  :clap:  :clap:  Superb rabbit!  I'm sure he won't be with you for very long.  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Thank you both!

Sarah: I keep my prototypes so he'll be with me forever hopefully! I'm going to start on my first one to sell shortly bear_original

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

He is wonderful Chloe,  What a sweet face, and body design. 

Joanne

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Thank you Joanne bear_laugh I'm so glad you think he's sweet, thanks for the compliment!

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

He's delightful!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  And as they say, a change is as good as a holiday...  I'm glad you did this so we can see more of your talent!  :clap:

Zagzagael Posts: 43

He is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! So much character in his face. Attitude! Well done!!!

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website
Zagzagael wrote:

He is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! So much character in his face. Attitude! Well done!!!

Thank you bear_laugh Needlefelting is strange to work with: I can only hope that all future hares are a nice as this one bear_original

Jan Nethercutt YesterYear Design
Oklahoma

Very clever and talented lady!  Jack is right super.  Hugs, Jan

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website
Jan Nethercutt wrote:

Very clever and talented lady!  Jack is right super.  Hugs, Jan

Thank you Jan! Sorry, I didn't see your post until now bear_original

Board footer