Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Sorry I haven't had a chance to post these pics before now, but I've had another mad week in the office, so this is my first opportunity  bear_wacko

I joined the queue to get in at about 8:30 on Sunday, not early enough to be at the front of the queue, but I was #4, and did get a chair to sit on at least!  I was a little bracing, but I had my nice snuggly furry jacket and a friendly neighbour to chat with while I waited  bear_original

When the doors opened I made a bee-line for the Silly Bears stall.  I'd fallen for 2 bears they would be exhibiting, one by Jenny Johnson and the other by Linda Down.  Having spoken to Julieann via e-mail during the week, I'd established two things - one, that she operated a first come, first served policy rather than reservations (which was good for me, as I'd have been far too late otherwise!), and the other that there had been others interested in both bears.  She laughed when I appeared, as I don't think some of the exhibitors realised the doors had opened, and were still setting up!  I got to pick both bears up for a hug before I handed over their adoption fees and they parked themselves very patiently in bags behind the stall waiting for me to come and retrieve them at the end of the day.

Mr-Truffles.jpg

Herbert.jpg

When I turned round, I was absolutely stunned to see that the entire hall behind me had just filled with people, so I made my next stop a dive towards the basement to put my coat into the coat check, and then headed up to see Ginger Brame at the Piece Parade upstairs.  I was so hoping to get one of her fairy bears, and I managed not only that, but Jack, brother to the mischeivous Sebastian, star of her blog, managed to leap into my hand as well!  I just had to hope they wouldn't get up to anything in the bag together!  It was lovely to meet Ginger after commenting on each others blogs for so long, and I just drooled over her lovely little set pieces - had I anywhere to have displayed on, I'd have snapped one right up!

Eliza.jpg

Jack.jpg

My next stop was to head down to see Ann-Marie at the Bear Me Too stand to see if I could get one of her lovely fuzzy belly bunnies, and I was lucky to be able to get Kalle to add to my growing collection.  It was nice to chat to her too as her mum popped back and forth from Norbeary fabrics with possible new bear and bunny materials.

Kalle.jpg

At this point I phoned Karon and told her I'd done my mad rush, and the rest of my time and money would be going on whatever leapt into my arms as I browsed!  It took a couple of attempts to get to her as it turns out that the stairs at either side of the stage don't actually go down to the basement!  We headed back down to the basement to browse and chat.  Poor Karon soon found out that I looooove to talk  bear_laugh   She lost me a couple of times, and then gave up on trying to drag me along with her  bear_whistle   It was lovely to meet so many people, and I'm sorry I missed a few.  I think it was because some bits were just jammed and I thought I'd make it back round there.  I'm sure I did do an entire circuit eventually, but I must have missed a couple of  stalls anyway  bear_ermm

The next bear that leapt into my arms was Cuthbert Crumb at the Dusty Attic Bears stall.  Chloe had a fabulous collection of funky bears, and his big belly, shaggy fringe and sparkly nose really appealed.  Cuthbert, poor bear, found the rest of his trip round the fair marked by journeys in and out of his bag over and over again as people appreciated him and gave him a hug  :hug:

Cuthbert-Crumb.jpg

Meandering on there were a number of other bears I liked, but I kept browsing on.  There are a number of artists whose work I would love to adopt one day, so I hope they're all there next time!  I got chatting to more people, and rather gratefully surrendered my camera to the care of Lynn Bowie at the Madabout Bears, so I didn't concuss anyone else with the bag (and no, I didn't take a single pic, I'm sorry  :redface: ).

My final acquisition was the lovely Nanuke at the Doodlebear stall.  I think Jane knew the minute I picked him up that he wasn't going back down again  bear_laugh   It was at this point that her dear daughter Sarah discovered that the bags she thought were really big, were really quite small to try and fit a large polar bear into   :crackup:   Her son was more distracted with the highly colourful money that the various banks in Scotland had come up with!

Nanuke.jpg

Having made my beary purchases, I also had some materials of my own to buy.  I got some absolutely lovely alpaca from The Teddy Bear Shop of Japan, including some in natural black.  I see some pandas in my future  bear_happy   I then picked up my pre-order from Susan at Bear Basics, and got some mohair and paw pad materials from there too.

Having picked up my bags from Silly Bears, I found Karon all over again (I think it'd been 3 hours by this point since we'd seen each other last  :redface: ) and very gratefully, if not a little sadly, I handed over all my new bears to Lynn to chauffeur home for me.  We were reunited again on Wednesday after she braved Glasgow rush hour to come and meet me outside my office, and the bears have been settling in since  bear_original

All-The-Bears.jpg

Snookums Posts: 285

Gorgeous bears!!! I'm a little green with envy. bear_wub

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Must have been so hard to choose from all the fab bears at the show Katy  bear_whistle ....but you chose some wonderful ones for your collection  :dance: ....love them all!  bear_wub

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Well, at last LOL!  Wow, what an incredible bunch of teds and don't they look smart all together.  You lucky girl, I'm working on hubby to take me to Hugglets next year - I think I have a ways to go  bear_innocent

Hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Fabulous choices, Katy!!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh how wonderful Katy bear_flower  that all the lovely bears went home to live at your home.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

puca bears puca bears

Wow , Katy - you did well!!  Gorgeous collection, you got there............thanks for showing us.
Don't suppose you fancy coming to the Teddybaer Total in April (lol)
huggiues

Karon Posts: 751

Yes Katy, they are a lovely collection there.   I saw the buying of the Dusty Attic Bear - you quite amazed me really as you didn't take long to make you decision!

Remember me and the Wickenden Black Pug - and he STILL didn't make it home with me :crackup:.

Don't worry about my "disappearances" we all get what we want from the show, it was good to have your company.

:hug:

Karon

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Katy,

I knew you were on a mission when you called me over from your seat right in front of the door!   bear_laugh

I am glad you got all the bears you wanted (and some more) and that sitting for two hours in the cold was definitely worth it.  :dance:

And I am super glad that I am not the only one who came home with SEVEN bears (although I think yours travelled more in style  bear_grin ). 
If I am a bit crazy about bears, then so are you!   bear_wacko  (although our tastes in teddies are very different, but that's OK).

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

It's such fun to share in the excitement of Hugglets through these photos and stories. One of these days, I'll join you in person!  :dance:

Becky

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Thanks all, the bears are sitting plotting mischieve already I think!  One day I'll take a photo of all the bears I've adopted over the last year.  I think it would be fair to say I don't have a particular 'style' I love, as long as they're bears lol

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Hi Katy

Wow, your trip to Hugglets was really worthwhile!  I'm like you in that I like most styles of bear.  My collection is a also real mixed bag of traditional, vintage, antique, realistic, semi-realistic, anime, miniature, large and contemporary.  You got me thinking about whether there is any common thread that runs through my collection of bears...

Hugs

Sue

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

WOW!  You really got some beauties, didn't you?!! bear_wub  bear_wub   Well done!  And congratulations!  ENJOY!!

talesia Posts: 54

Great Bears in your Hug! you lucky to get so many at once.
Congratulations!!

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

lol oh Katy you luckly devil, i couldn't make it again this year, you sound like you had your bears all mapped out and god help anyone that put a paw in you way lol

big hug and lovely bears.... especially the little ginger one what a sweetie.

xxxx susan

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Wow Katie how fabulous  bear_wub  so different but all so adoreable like you with me its pretty much as long as its a bear  bear_grin

Raewyn

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website

wow how lucky..... and released of money you are:lol bear_laugh just fab!! bear_wub

charlotte1 Bears by Charlotte
east anglia
Website

ooo !!! Katy, fab bears you have adopted !! so glad you had a good day.  it was my first time visiting hugglets and i loved it !! enjoy your new teddies. hugs Charlotte xxx

Board footer