Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Karon Posts: 751

Here goes!

First of all many many thanks for your response ladies it is overwhelming - this is going to be an absolutely fabulous swap ... love your all bear_wub

1. Please PM me with your full name and address.

2.The deadline for joining is the 10 April.

3.The participants name will be drawn by my friend Sheri (not a bear fan and very impartial! :crackup: ).

4.On that day OR the next I will inform you who your partners are.

5.Please PM you partners and introduce yourself and keep them informed of your progress.

6.NO early efforts who have been sitting in the cupboard for years - this bear is to be made FOR your swap partner. :crackup:

7.Inform your partner when you are sending your bear so they anticipate their arrival.

8.HAVE FUN!!!!!

Love

Karon bear_wub

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Brilliant Karon, can't wait until April to see who my partner is  :dance:

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

What size do we have to create the bears????
So if I understood right - my partner would do a bear for me and I will do one for my partner - is this correct????
first time for me to do such a swap - therefore there are many questions for me
thanks for helping me!!!

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Sent you my details - can't wait!  bear_grin

Andrea

I normally liase with my partner as to what size bear we are going to make for each other.

And yes - you do one for you partner and vice versa.  I love swaps as it is a great way to get to know other artists.

I am SOOO happy you have joined us.

Karon bear_flower

Fallenrose near Cologne

Karon, what about miniature-bear makers? I mean...yu can't pair u somebody making miniatures with making big bears, can you? the costs wouldn't be in the same range (costs for materials, I mean).

Ariane

I guess it could go to the vote as to what people wanted to do.

Last year the names where selected at randome.  If you start laying too many rules down it gets into the realm of teaming "professionals" up with professionals, "novices" with other novices and so on.

Personally I don't think it is about costs but about the CARE and LOVE that go into the creation.

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

I personally wouldn't care if I made a big bear and received a little bear.  Infact I would be thrilled.  Mini's required just as much work as their larger cousins do.  Infact having switched from making larger bears to smaller I find that mini's are more work, and I don't really call mine mini's as most are between 5-7" inches.  But with mini's every little mistake in a stitch shows.  I don't think it should really matter if large bear and mini's are paired up.  The idea is to make something specail for someone.  That comes in big and small packages.  Just make it special.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks for the guidelines! (BTW, I'd also be happy with any size of bear.)

Becky

Well yes, that IS the spirit of the swap. bear_thumb

Fallenrose near Cologne

Thanks for your opinions on this, girls.
I absolutely agree that there is a lot of work tat has to be put in a miniature bear and that it surely isn't less than with a bigger bear. I personally wouldn't care what kind of bear I'd get as I know how much effort was put in it - I just wanted to know what thers think of this, too^^

janicemarie Gresswell Forest Bears
melbourne

I agree with the majority. It's the perogative of the artist what they make. Making like for like or cost of materials should not be a factor when I am designing a bear for someone.

Pm'd you karon!

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

Sounds Great!
Hi Amber bear_original

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_original Sounds good to me and I've just PM you Karon.

Lyn Parker Bears

Can't Wait!! I only make minis but don't care if I am partnered with someone who makes bigger bears. It's all about the fun and sharing, and no matter what size the bear they all bring a smile to your face.  bear_original

Teacup Teddies Teacup Teddies
Newark-on-Trent

This is a wonderful idea- I just love the thought of being able to own a bear that another artist has lovinhly made. I find others' work so special, but also inspiring. I make mini bears and am pleased to hear that this size would also be treasured XD
Amy xx

talesia Posts: 54

I'm glad to join the swap, will PM you Karen shortly.

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

I would love to join.  bear_original bear_original

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

I don't even think it should really have to be a bear.  Linda sent me a wonderful Pixie for the last swap.  It is amazing.  I think that everyone just needs to put that special bit in whatever creation you make.  Shouldn't limit creative juices.

Hi Back Linda.  It's great to be able to post here once and a while again. I missed everyone.

Yes. if anyone wants to create critters thats fine too.

Board footer