Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

HeidiBears florida

Okay so i am very very short on supplies and im trying to be creative here! I like the idea of recycling things and i've heard of people making amazing bears out of grandmas old coat lol so has anyone tried reusing the material of a stuffed animal?! Since im a beginner it seemed like a cheap way to start?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I haven't tried it, but the thought has crossed my mind at times when I've seen a large, inexpensive mohair bear on ebay.

It would be a lot of work, but if money it tight, might be worth it. (I guess it depends on how you feel about the stuffed animal.  bear_original )

Becky

joibear Tickled Pink Bears
Durango, Colorado

HeidiBears, I'm just wondering, were are you located, in the US? or overseas?   bear_flower Someone may have scraps they wouldn't mind "donating" to help you get started.   bear_grin

HeidiBears florida

I'm in the US  bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

That's a very good idea, Kelly Jo.

Heidi, why don't you put a post in the General section, and let people know what you need (fabric, joints, eyes, etc.). People are always cleaning out their workrooms, and/or would be happy to help a newbie bear-maker.

Becky

joibear Tickled Pink Bears
Durango, Colorado

bear_flower I've PM'ed you Heidi.   bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I've sent you a message as well, Heidi.  bear_original

Becky

HeidiBears florida

Thank you both very much!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

jissy Posts: 70

I just wanted to say...this was very nice of you all. Good luck with the things you get to use heidibear...i'd love to see what you make!

Board footer