Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Kidsandteddy The kids and teddy too
Lincoln Ca.

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if there is anyone out there that could help me with a turned down arm pattern. I have not see any updates on this subject lately. I just can't seem to work it up the way I would like it to look. I have tried a couple of different ways but am still not happy with it. I don't like the seam to show in the middle to do it that way.
If there is anyone that doesn't have a problem sharing their expertise I would really appreciate it.  :hug:

Thanks so much,
Bonnie

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

Hi Bonnie,

I was wondering what you mean with not liking the seam to show in the middle??? I suppose you are referring to bears arms in the so-called 'begging position' with drop-shaped paw pads? If so, there is absolutely no need that the seam shows, provided that you work out the fur properly. I don't like the seams on my bears to show either, not only on the arms but preferably nowhere on my bears! Sometimes it cannot be avoided e.g. when you are working with real short or sparse mohairs, but even then working meticulously helps a lot. Takes more time though  bear_ermm .  I am only satisfied with my seams if, once the bear is completed, I really have to look hard to find them  bear_whistle (the seams that is, not the bears of course  :crackup: ).

O, and there probably is another way of making this type of arms / paw pads, but I'm afraid I cannot help you on that one. Sorry  bear_cry
Hope someone else can help you!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Is this the kind of turned down paw you mean, Bonnie?

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php … 36#p382836

Lincoln Ca.

Yes yes yes Sue Ann that is what I am having
trouble with. Any suggestions you could
give me?
Thanks so much.
Bonnie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Bonnie, I scanned my pattern pieces for this design so you can see what I did - no way I could explain without a visual.  The arm piece is for both outside and inside, then sew the paw pad piece in like a foot pad.

turned_down_paws.jpg

janicemarie Gresswell Forest Bears
melbourne

That's really interesting SueAnn, Thanks for sharing how that works!

Lincoln Ca.

Thanks Sue Ann, I will let you know how I do with
it when I work it up.  :hug:
Bonnie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

You're very welcome.

talesia Posts: 54

Thank you Sue Ann very much for your help
I been busy with similar hand shape, now when I saw it make much sence.

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam
SueAnn wrote:

Bonnie, I scanned my pattern pieces for this design so you can see what I did - no way I could explain without a visual.  The arm piece is for both outside and inside, then sew the paw pad piece in like a foot pad.

http://www.teddy-talk.com/upload/2010/t … n_paws.jpg

Well, this was the model I was talking about. And where is the seam??? The way I see it, it is in the middle. I thought you didn't want that Bonnie?

In this link you can see Humphrey; he also has turned-down paws. Made him a couple of years ago.
http://www.beautbears.nl/Historie/Photo … to_23E.htm

Lincoln Ca.

Marianne that is the look I want and tried it
another way without the seam and didn't
like the way it looked. Your bear that you did
With the curved arm is great. I don't see the
seam in the arms. Great job!! :clap:

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Hi Bonnie,
My kitty pattern uses those arms, too!  If you would like me to email you a pdf of the pattern piece, I would be happy to do that - just PM me!
Good luck!
Hugs,
Janice

ttmisskitty.jpg

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

Hi Ladys please help as i cant find thr thread what fabric is used to line synthetic fabric that stretches, also do you sew lining onto teddy fabric or sew seperatly and insert lining into teddy(gosh it sound so IRISH),also has anyone ever dyed synthetic fabric

Thanks ladies Paula

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Paula, I have used an iron-on interfacing to line stretchy bear fabric.  You can just iron it onto the back of the fabric, but use as low a heat setting that will adhere the interfacing.

durban

Thankyou Sue will try sure it cant do any harm as they say by trial and error
Have a great bar day

durban

Hi Sue that should read BEAR DAY unless its hot and humid and you need a cooldown
Go well From Hot n Humid Durban

talesia Posts: 54

You can find it in any fabric shop just ask them, it few types but cottony ones work better,  I did try it.
Not sure about syntetic coloring where you are try dis chem, we have brazilian dyes  for syntetics in Kloppers shop.

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I think Beary Cheap in Australia does Synthetic dyes.  I also remember a few old postings in the library of other TT members giving dying of synthetics a go. Good luck  bear_thumb

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam
Kidsandteddy wrote:

Marianne that is the look I want and tried it
another way without the seam and didn't
like the way it looked. Your bear that you did
With the curved arm is great. I don't see the
seam in the arms. Great job!! :clap:

Hi Bonnie,
Any luck yet?

Board footer