Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Thanks everyone. I finished my last horrid Anti-biotics tonight (have left me with a nasty taste in my mouth permanently) and am regaining a little of my hearing. Lenora, sorry to hear you had to have surgery, that must have been such a bad case  bear_sad  It is the fourth time it has happened and the third time in my right ear. My hearing is not 100% for that reason.

I might post photos of the chimp too  bear_grin  once I can bear to stuff and sculpt his head (eep!) Not my pattern mind you it's by Jennifer Laing from her book 'Constructing Teddy and His Friends'. The face is a nightmare, but it was a 40th birthday present for a friend who loves monkeys - her birthday was last week  bear_whistle  chimp is getting the upper hand right now!

Annabearella Annabearella's
Cincinnati, OH

I'm so sorry to read of all the injuries. bear_sad  Here's to quick healing! bear_flower

I finished a rough draft of my rabbit today.  Since it's my first attempt I made it up out of some inexpensive acrylic I had on hand.  For a "real deal" version, I've got a pretty piece of gray wool I bought years ago & haven't had the right use for - until now!  I tried a sort of trapunto for the nose using felt & I'm pretty happy with the way it came out for never having done it before.  I used wire in the ears for poseability, but need to get a heavier gauge for better support.

Please forgive me for not posting a better photo, but my desktop computer is acting up & I'm not able to upload pics from my camera so I'm relying on my BlackBerry for the moment.

RoughDraft_Rabbit_IMG00338B.jpg

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

He's a lovely bunny, Anna! Is that a heart-shaped nose?

When your computer is happy again, be sure to post a pic in the Challenge Gallery (in the menu bar at the top of the page).

Becky

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

What a lovely bunny.  I think he will be beautiful in the grey.  Love his nose!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I love the bunny too, adorable!

Joanne

Cincinnati, OH

Thank you for the comments on my bunny.  bear_flower 

Becky - Yes, I did make the nose heart shaped. 

I'm working on my next one.  Using ultra suede for the nose this time and trying trapunto on the foot pads too.  bear_original

Snookums Posts: 285

Sweet bunny!! bear_thumb

Ivyworks Ivyworks Artistry
Ottawa, Ontario

Well, I got as far as actually dyeing my mohair....aaaaaaand then I ended up in the hospital  bear_sad I just got released this weekend, so it's doubtful I'll be able to make the deadline. I'll still finish and post, but it'll be later on this month. On a positive note, I'm on a new treatment that seems to be working very well.  bear_grin  My eyes aren't completely healed yet, but I'm seeing loads better than I was even a month ago. Wish me luck finishing my project, I'll take pictures of the mohair I died when it's a little sunnier out and post them.   bear_happy

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Shannon wrote:

Well, I got as far as actually dyeing my mohair....aaaaaaand then I ended up in the hospital

Oh, rats bear_sad I'm really sorry to hear that, Shannon. As far as the deadline, that was just a suggestion--I'm quite sure. bear_laugh  Meanwhile, a speedy recovery to you. bear_flower

Becky

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Shannon, so glad to hear that things seem to be "looking" up...

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Here's my Monkey. I won't put him in the Gallery as he isn't my actual Challenge piece....

P4120517.jpg
P4120518.jpg

I have vowed Never EVER! to try this again.... :crackup:

Still he turned out ok.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I really like him Julia, and I'm sure his new person will too.

The fur is perfect, and what a lot of work you did to give him hands, feet, and a face!

Becky

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Thanks Becky. It was the face that caused me all the problems. I have never done a really shaped inset face before and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it exactly how I wanted  bear_ermm  His new mum loves him to pieces though and I guess that's all that matters  bear_wub

Cincinnati, OH

Sorry to hear about your detour to the hospital, Shannon.  bear_flower

Oh my!  That monkey is adorable, Julia!!  bear_thumb

Board footer