Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

HeidiBears florida

dads-bunny.JPGHey everyone!  bear_original  , my parents were going through their closet today and my dad came across this old bunny stuffed animal. He says he used to play with it when he was little and has a dog one just like it. He believes its from steiff but we honestly have no idea!  I'd be interested in knowing the history about it, does anyone know? Thanks!!!  bear_smile

Densteds Densteds
Website

It does look like a Steiff,

here's a link to an auction with one and it looks very much like your one

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEIFF-COLLECTABLE- … 27ba05d85f

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Well, it's not the rabbit in Denise's link, which is a Steiff "running rabbit" made with short mohair and four clearly defined legs (Here's one on wheels with several photos to show what that model looks like: http://cgi.ebay.com/STEIFF-PRE-WAR-Rabb … 9bb3d210b)

I've looked through the Steiff Sortiment book, and the only rabbits I see that only have front legs and sort of a rounded blob body (Am I interpreting your picture correctly, Heidi?) are the Winni and Wunni bunnies from the late 70s, which are made from synthetic fur (Is yours made of mohair, Heidi?).

The only other thing I'll note is that the prices these auctions are asking are beyond optimistic :wacko:.

Becky

HeidiBears florida

Hmm those two do look very similar! To answer your question yes Becky its really only just a blob with two front legs ( bear_smile I wonder what the person who made it was thinking lol!) When I look closely at it i can definetly see hand stiches especially on the paws... I'm not exactly sure what it is made of. I think synthetic is definetly out of the question, to me it feels almost like real fur  bear_wacko  . I'm going to see if I can give my Grandma a call this weekend perhaps she has some answers, and maybe I can find that dog too  bear_laugh . Thank you guys for your imput!

Board footer