Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I have made a little kitten and her coloring is white with light grey ears and tail.  When I take her pic her coloring looks brown.

What can I do to fix this.  I've tried different lens speeds 160, 200, 320 and 400 but this doesn't seem to correct it.  I'm taking the pics in a light tent.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

054111.JPG

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi, Jane.  I believe you might get better results if you used a darker background.  Is the source of your lighting from incandescent bulbs?  They often cast a yellowish tint on photos.  If you can take the pics outdoors in natural light or have 'sunlight' bulbs, you'll get a truer color.  Florescent lights will produce a 'cooler' or a bluish tint on photos.  Hope this helps.

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Perhaps you need to change the white balance settings... It should be in the menu somewhere. If you have to, try all the different settings for different lights- sometimes I find the outdoor shade setting better than the indoor setting, for instance.

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

Hi, it might also help taking the pictures of your kitten outdoor, so with natural light. The lights you are using may also effect the colour display and as SueAnn said, trying a darker (more contrasting) background could make a difference as well.

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Thanks Ladies, 

I'm hoping for a sunny day today and I'm going to take her outside and see if I can get the right coloring and I'll check the light settings..

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I do a lot of color tweaking on my computer after the picture is taken.  I can never get the colors right either.  Arizona has high UV light so I often need to warm the colors up.  I use either Windows Live (you can download that for free)  There is plenty to play with on there as far as color adjustment, or Photoshop elements for the ones that are really hard.  You may just need to adjust the color temperature to cool it down a bit.

Joanne

Board footer