Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

hi, have they picked the Golden Teddy Nominees yet? Did I miss it? I thought they picked them in early March....

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I'm wondering too, Tami.

susana fung hong kong

have checked their official link,  the result will release in March, but dated in 2010??

K Pawz Guest

Wow I didn't even know they had them this year, I couldn't find entry info, and after a few weeks of constantly checking the site I gave up. Good luck to all who entered, hopefully they get the results up for you soon!

Hugs
Krista

Milford Ohio

Krista, They seem to be later and later each year. The entries weren't due until February 15th this year...

karenaus Melbourne
Website

I'm so glad I missed the deadline this year, it would be driving me crazy waiting to find out bear_grin

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Maybe only the Tami's entered   bear_rolleyes .  I haven't heard anything about when they will be released. Could always drop them a line via facebook and see what's going on.

big hugs and good luck

Shane

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Shane, yes it was the only one I entered this year due to the later deadline date, sure we will hear something soon....thanks all

Milford Ohio

Tami, maybe we are the only entrants! Our chances should be pretty good then, right? bear_laugh  I am the same as you in that I only did GTs this time around because I missed the TOBY deadline

I just got an email from the advertising department of Teddy Bear Review saying it was "voting time" for GTs, and asking if I wanted to take out ad space in the magazine where the nominees would be posted. What nominees? bear_shocked  bear_laugh

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Me too Tami, got the same email.........???

Waterloo, Ontario

I posted the question on their facebook page Tami. Maybe they are not notifying the artist ahead of time this yr and they will find out when everyone else finds out.  If they do that it doesn't give anyone a chance to really advertise that they have been nominated prior to the voting. 

Hope that's not the case , but it is getting close .

hugs

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

I entered, too, but didn't receive that email you are all talking about so maybe receiving/not receiving that email could be a hint whether someone is nominated or not?

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I've received the request to take advertising, but not heard anything else ...

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Me too - I'm (hopefully) wondering if I should take an ad out!??  bear_grin  bear_whistle

Mini Hugs, Ruth x

Edited to ask; is a "portrait" ad' the same as a UK 1/16 ad' ??

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I must admit, I'm a little uncomfortable about being asked for advertising before the nominees have been announced.

Milford Ohio

I replied to the email and asked about the nominees. Lynn said that the list would be in the August issue but the nominees would be notified in a couple of weeks.

She also confirmed for me that one can indeed buy a spot on the front cover as the email seemed to indicate. Having a cover spot has always been a dream of mine, but I thought if it as an honor earned rather than a paid advertisement. I do understand the magazines wish to support their supporters as it were, but I found this news disappointing. It is a new development, isn't it? Those who've had cover bears in the past didn't have to buy the spot did they?

susana fung hong kong

i haven't hear any kind of news from them bear_tongue , good luck to you girls.

K Pawz Guest

Sorry for this, but don't rush out and buy advertising just yet, I received the advertising email too and didn't even enter.

I also thought that was very odd about the cover space for sale, I always thought the cover was an honor earned and not bought, don't think I like that idea too much!

Hugs
Krista

Waterloo, Ontario

I Finally got a reply from TBR on their facebook page.   They said :

The nominees will be notified no later than April 25.

The August issue of the magazine, which mails June 1, will contain the ballot and the public announcement of the nominees.

Thanks for asking!

It certainly is getting later and later each yr, I really don't think it should almost 2.5 months to come up with the nominee's.   

Hugs

Waterloo, Ontario

Tami we certainly didn't buy our cover spot, it was an honour to our bears on the cover TB&F we could not have afforded to buy that spot for sure.  I agree I don't think that spot should be up for being purchased, but then again I don't know if they need to raise more money or not.  I need to follow up with them as well as I didn't receive my last issue of TBR.

hugs

Milford Ohio
thebearguys wrote:

Tami we certainly didn't buy our cover spot, it was an honour to our bears on the cover TB&F we could not have afforded to buy that spot for sure.  I agree I don't think that spot should be up for being purchased, but then again I don't know if they need to raise more money or not.  I need to follow up with them as well as I didn't receive my last issue of TBR.

hugs

A well deserved honor!!! The cover is wonderful!

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

nulkiTBFcover.jpgI would be shocked if it is true you can buy a cover for Teddy Bear Review?! Are we sure they are not referring to the inside cover spot? If you can buy a cover, Walmart Chinese bears could be there or even Gummy Bears? They would have to allow anyone who came up with the price. I can't believe that is true? If so, then they are no longer a magazine, just an advertising brochure.
My long ago cover.

Waterloo, Ontario

Awwww thanks Tami that is sweet of you to say.   

Karen I still have that magazine with your cover .  Perhaps that's what they mean is the inside cover , you are likely right Karen.   

hugs

Milford Ohio

I love that cover Karen!!! Kitties and bears are my favorite animals!

SageFox The Sage Fox
Punxsutawney PA

Has anyone heard any news of nominees yet?

Board footer