Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

show-floor-026-550x413.jpgshow-floor-024-550x413.jpgshow-floor-022-413x550.jpgshow-floor-020-550x382.jpgshow-floor-015-550x413.jpgshow-floor-013-550x409.jpgshow-floor-009-550x406.jpgshow-floor-008-550x409.jpgshow-floor-006-550x412.jpgshow-floor-001-550x413.jpgWhat a weekend!  A whose who in American bear making.  So much food I thought I was on a cruise.  From the list of guests I would say about 250 bear lovers spent the weekend enjoying various panels, presentations, book signings, and markets. The final day after the sale there as an auction hosted by John Paul Port with Martha Birch as auctioneer.  Both parties are so full of wit and humor they really made it fun. I do have names of many of the un-named so if you have questions on a particular picture let me know.

Bloomsburg, PA
Bloomsburg, PA

show-floor-069-413x550.jpgshow-floor-064-413x550.jpgshow-floor-060-377x550.jpgshow-floor-059-550x413.jpgshow-floor-058-387x550.jpgshow-floor-057-550x406.jpgshow-floor-051-550x412.jpgshow-floor-052-550x393.jpgshow-floor-056-550x406.jpgshow-floor-048-412x550.jpgand more

Bloomsburg, PA

show-floor-087-550x396.jpgshow-floor-085-395x550.jpgshow-floor-084-413x550.jpgshow-floor-079-383x550.jpgshow-floor-077-413x550.jpgshow-floor-073-393x550.jpgshow-floor-071-404x550.jpgshow-floor-067-550x413.jpgmore

Bloomsburg, PA

230205_10150595648260018_667225017_18258802_1333965_n.jpgAnd one more picture.  this is our table at dinner one night.  First row Michelle Lamb, Alison McKee and her mom Sue. Second row Charlene Draeger, Jamie, a collector from Maryland, my niece Jill.  Third Row, John and Linda Hearn, and me.
The reason for this convention was to introduce bear and doll collecting to a new generation.  I invited my niece Jill to help me out at the show.  She is 22.  She never had an interest in teddy bears.  She left with three.  She is saving her money now, she says to buy one of Michelle Lamb's bears.  She is coming to Arizona to help me out with the show in March.  I would say that the Quinlans certainly did their job.

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

WOW!  Awesome pictures, Joanne!  Thank you so much for sharing.  You all look so happy and how wonderful your Niece is hooked on bears now!! 
Hugs,
Janice

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

What a great show. Wish I was there  bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Thanks so much for taking and sharing the fantastic photos, Joanne!  Wow - tons of talent represented in that Philadelphia gathering!

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Such an incredible amount of talent!  It really is humbling to see the wonderful work that was on show.  Thank you so much for posting the photos.  bear_original  bear_original

Conni Germany

:clap:
Thank you so much for the photos.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Thank you so much for these great photos. I know just how much effort it takes to go around taking pictures at a show.
I can see some wonderful creations that I'd love to adopt.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Bloomsburg, PA

You are welcome!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Fab report and such a treat to see all those wonderful American bears ... and I spotted our very own Katherine Hallam too!!!!!

Bloomsburg, PA
All Bear wrote:

Fab report and such a treat to see all those wonderful American bears ... and I spotted our very own Katherine Hallam too!!!!!

Yes Katherine was there.  And what a wonderful fun person she is.  I really enjoyed her company during the weekend.  It was so nice to meet and get to know the friends I have only known online.   She should have been in that final picture.  She was at our table too.  She had stepped out.  Sorry Katherine.

Gully Posts: 35

What wonderful photos. Can anyone tell me who made the bear in the flying jacket in the third batch of photos and if he is available to buy?

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I love the big grey elephant from China Cubbord.  Thank you so much for the pictures.  I so would love to go to a Teddy show but being disabled I just can't manage it!  Ireally appreciate your report!

Bloomsburg, PA
Gully wrote:

What wonderful photos. Can anyone tell me who made the bear in the flying jacket in the third batch of photos and if he is available to buy?

That is Michelle Lamb's table  Aren't her bears fantastic.  If you can believe it they are even more beautiful in the fur than her pictures. He was her competition bear and won a Beverly Port award the first night.  I would contact her directly.

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Wow, I think I have fallen in love with all of the bears in the photos  bear_grin

Hugs

LIsa x

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Wonderful photos, Joanne!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

susana fung hong kong

great pic, thank you for sharing :clap: , Joanne and your niece, Jill.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Thanx for sharing all those wonderfull pics, the bears were amazing.  I was going to try and make it but with the price of gas just could not.  Then I would not have been able to buy a bear either.  Maybe next time.  The bears are so overwhelming.  Such talent only the eyes can behold.
Hugs Pat bear_flower

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Fabulous photo's Joanne...what a treat...so much talent!!!! :clap:

...thank you so much for posting!!!  bear_flower

Hugs Yvonne

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Thanks for the lovely photos, Joanne; it always such a pleasure to see all these gorgeous creatures (bears and people  bear_laugh );
but at the same time it always hurts a bit : I SO WISH I HAD BEEN THERE!  bear_grin

I am glad you all had such a good time.

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Joanne, thank you so very, very much for sharing these photos of the show! Gosh, I wish I had been there! I haven't been to a show since 2002. bear_sad So glad to hear that your niece is now enamored of bears. They really are special, and to see all the lovely creative work on display--wow! bear_smile

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Thanks for sharing all those photos, I'm drooling now, and not just 'cos it's dinner time  bear_laugh

Board footer