Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

crystalbear Crystal Bears
Derby

Where do you sell your bears?

At the moment I doing Craft fairs..
I put 3 bears in Folksy shop.. but nothing happening for 2 months  bear_sad

I wonder where else to sell online??? dont want do ebay...

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Etsy and Bear Pile are two places, plus there is a bear shop set up on FaceBook, also.

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Second Sue Ann on Bearpile. Can't vouch for Etsy, but I plan on trying there soon, price seems to be right so it can't hurt!

Conni Germany

I try the sales with Dawanda and eBay....
It is difficult....
However, maybe I do not have the popular bears, or the people want to spend no money.

I am glad that it is only my hobby.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

I use my website, Etsy and bear fairs.  I tried Bearpile and got no joy, but I think a lot of it is getting yourself out there so people know you're in it for the long haul and not popping up and vanishing again quickly.  I think this also means things like following the photo opportunities in magazines, entering comps as well, which reminds me, after a rather hard year at the day job, I need to get my backside in gear again on the publicity front!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

eBay is how I started and built my awesome collector base (thank you!!!!!!)  I was unknown at the time so my starting bid was low.  Takes time....

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Ebay is where I started too.  It was scary, and I wouldn't do it now, but I used to start my auctions at $9.99 no reserve.  It got me noticed. 

I think no matter where you choose to sell you must maintain a strong online presence.  It takes work, and sometimes I get tired of it.  But putting your bears out there where they will be seen whether it be ebay, Teddy Talk, Facebook, blogs, Bear Pile, websites, Flicker.  People are everywhere on the internet.   I never sold a bear on Bear Pile.  But I have gotten people to my website and on the mailing list because of them. 

Another very good opportunity is coming up and that is the URSA Awards.  I do not like them because I do not like to campaign for votes.  But it is a very good place to have your work seen by a wide audience, and because of that I enter every year.  Every entry gets seen.

Joanne

Derby
SueAnn wrote:

Etsy and Bear Pile are two places, plus there is a bear shop set up on FaceBook, also.

cant find the facebook bear shop...

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

It is called Artist Teddy Bears for Sale.  There are more too, but I don't remember names.

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Curious why youd rule out eBay. Yes there are horror stories but I think it's a case of only hearing the bad and not the good..... Different things work for different people and it can't hurt to try...

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I agree...eBay...for all it's bad press is a good opportunity to get seen by lots of collectors. You need to be where collectors look for bears ..and eBay is that place..along with Bearpile...and here of course..TT is a brilliant showcase for artists!

Derby

Last time I used eBay to sell some stuff from the house.. they charge me load!! They quoted me this.. I paid for them via paypal.. That was fine.... then later on (1 month later) they invoice me for more money.. thats why I stay away from eBay for selling..
In fact I looked through eBay for some bears..  I found no handmade artist bears on for sale

Conni Germany

On ebay wonderful handmade artist bears....http://dolls.shop.ebay.com/One-of-a-Kind-/3904/i.html

karenaus Melbourne
Website
crystalbear wrote:

Last time I used eBay to sell some stuff from the house.. they charge me load!! They quoted me this.. I paid for them via paypal.. That was fine.... then later on (1 month later) they invoice me for more money.. thats why I stay away from eBay for selling..
In fact I looked through eBay for some bears..  I found no handmade artist bears on for sale

That sounds normal, you paid listing fees up front then final value fees which are calculated at the end of the auction/sale and are billed later for those. eBay is not always the cheapest but you do get a lot of exposure. Sadly the old saying ' you get what you pay for' is an old saying for a reason.

Board footer