Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Bakerina78 Posts: 326

Hello again :)!

Question for people who sell bear in online teddy bear shows:

is it good place to be?

Sometimes I see many bears don't sell there.

Artists who sell bear from own websites or bear pile or ebay are doing good without online shows...
or even if you woudn't sell your bears more chance people will see you and will find you latter?

what is your opinion about online shows?

Thanks again!

Tatyana

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Yes that is it.  Even if you don't sell your bears at the online show it is a chance for people to see your work.  I did an online show last autumn and I had new people sign up for the mailing list.  So yes, I would say it is a good place to be. 

Joanne

Thank you, Joanne!

You always have answer for any question :)

I like your new blog by the way! I tried to write comment there, but it didn't work out for some reasons???

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA
Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I found that Daphne's online show did very well for me and I did gain new collectors.

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Personally I think online shows have their place alongside Etsy, Bearpile, eBay, blogs and websites etc etc... Like Laura Lynn, Daphne's shows have done well for me, as have several other shows. It can be fun to come up with ideas to fit the theme, if there is one, it's a way of stretching your creativity. Often I find I'm reluctant to do something new because of no time, or working for some other show- a themed online show gives me the excuse to stretch my wings a little!
    Plus they are pretty economical when you compare them to in person shows or listing on eBay.. And excellent advertising. The shows have much fewer artists than say eBay or bearpile, so it's easier to be found by new collectors.
     Yes some bears remain unsold, but that's the same on eBay/bearpile etc... I think the odds are higher for good sales with a *good* online show.

Thank you for replays. That's good to know!

Board footer