Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

268979_2195304918517_1124030312_32621032_4073079_n-363x400.jpgJanice Woodard and I met Debora Hoffmann and family in Scottsdale Arizona.  They were passing through visiting their daughter who is staying here for the summer.  It was a very hot day 113 degrees so we sat in an ice cream parlor and visited.  We took pictures with the three estate sale friends I found on Friday.

Remember the welcome wagon, Janice, Alison and I are always happy to meet up if your passing through.  (Alison had to pick her daughter up from camp yesterday)

Joanne

I guess I should say that is me on the left, then Debora, and Janice on the right.
And the bears, I think English, then American, then English on the right, that's all I got on them so far.

Conni Germany

So a meeting is miraculous!
Sometime I will also do once the wide trip. Up to now only my little bears travel over the sea.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

The ice cream parlour sounds like the perfect place to meet in that sort of heat!  Glad you had fun  bear_original

Oh, and I have plans to make it over there in a couple of years, so I hope the wagon's still rolling then  bear_grin

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

How lovely to meet up and in an icecream parlour, too.  My favourite things - teddies, teddy talk and icecream.  I'm not sure about the heat, though!

Bloomsburg, PA
rowarrior wrote:

The ice cream parlour sounds like the perfect place to meet in that sort of heat!  Glad you had fun  bear_original

Oh, and I have plans to make it over there in a couple of years, so I hope the wagon's still rolling then  :lol:

I think we will all still be here, don't forget to let us know.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great photo and sounds like great fun!!  My sister lives in Tempe, so I'll expect a meeting at the ice cream parlor next time I'm out there.   bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Bloomsburg, PA
SueAnn wrote:

Great photo and sounds like great fun!!  My sister lives in Tempe, so I'll expect a meeting at the ice cream parlor next time I'm out there.   bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Tempe is a great place, lots of great shops and places to eat.  I will look forward to it SueAnn.  And I live right near the new Metro which goes right to Tempe, so I won't even have to drive.

Joanne

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

How nice that you were able to get together with your bear friends in person!

Becky

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

It was such fun to meet you in person, Joanne and Janice! I really enjoyed having lunch and ice cream with you and talking bears. bear_smile I hope to visit the area again so you can show me some of the neat places...in the cooler weather. bear_happy Your antique bear finds were darling, too.

Bear hugs to you!
Debora

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

LOL - and I can tell in a second who lives in AZ year-round and who lives in hot-in-the-sun-cool-in-the-shade-no-humidity-my-FAVORITE-State-CO!!! Look at your clothes!!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Hugs to all of you and hope to be in BOTH States in '12 and/or '13!

-----------------

The PHX area has got to be the best area in the world for finding old bears, even now....
As one of the primary retirement areas in the country (and for Canadians) it appears that the shops inherit the bears that the families don't value/want/recognize as valuable or there many not even be families in the picture.
I wish I'd bought a few of the white Steiffs I saw in the mid-80s for $200....

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

LOL, Bobbie!  :crackup: You're right!

If you're swinging by Colorado, please let me know. I love meeting "beary" people! bear_smile

~Debora

Bloomsburg, PA

That is so funny Bobbie,  I probably had no clean clothes that day so I put on a dress with sleeves.  I think most Arizonians barely dress in the summer.  Makes for some very interesting people watching at the grocery store, or better yet Walmart.

Joanne

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

And our DD claims that Arizonans ARE formally dressed if their clothes are clean - LOL. (just kidding....)
But you all do dress a lot more casually than we do when we're there, and you're usually *more* covered up than we are, who are stripping off as many bits as possible in an effort to cool off.
You're attempting to protect yourselves from the AC when you go inside, whereas we're holding our breath waiting to be able to breathe again comfortably inside......!

susana fung hong kong

once upon a time, there were 3 bear people bringing 3 lovely bear and enjoy their talk...this is the place for bear gathering, Arizona   bear_thumb  dream of being there  bear_cool

Board footer