Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

beanie237 KerryBears
Lincolnshire

Hi,
I am reletively new to bear making, I have bought some needle felting stuff as i like the idea of making different noses and paw pads, but i dont know how you attatch them the the bear.
Also i like the different coloured muzzles, is there any patterns etc for these so i know where to connect the different coloured pieces on the head.

Any help would be greatly appreciated  bear_grin 

Many thanks
Kerry  bear_original

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

You felt the wool directly onto the bear.

Joanne

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Making a muzzle with different-colored pieces is easy if you know how to "split" a pattern. That just involves cutting your existing pattern pieces in two and adding a seam allowance to both pieces.

Have you looked at the patterns that Intercal has? They may have one with a contrasting muzzle. They also have kits that contain joints and eyes and instructions - great for newer bear makers.

Becky

talesia Posts: 54
beanie237 wrote:

Hi,
I am reletively new to bear making, I have bought some needle felting stuff as i like the idea of making different noses and paw pads, but i dont know how you attatch them the the bear.
Also i like the different coloured muzzles, is there any patterns etc for these so i know where to connect the different coloured pieces on the head.

Any help would be greatly appreciated  bear_grin 

Many thanks
Kerry  :)

Hi Kerry
Look in my blog here for needlefelting:
http://taleobears.blogspot.com/2011/07/ … eedle.html
for different color muzzle or for any part of body just cut it where you want change color on each end of piece add your seam alowance (3-4mm) and stitch as usually (you would stitch pawpad same way)
hope it will help.

beanie237 KerryBears
Lincolnshire

Thanks for your comments everyone bear_original  bear_grin  bear_original  bear_original
Iwill give these techniques a go

Board footer