Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Debbie Kesling Posts: 12

I was feeling a bit nostalgic about days gone by today, and thought I'd stop in and say hello.

How are things in the tiny teddy world?

Debbie Kesling

bearsbyTracey BearsbyTracey
Wellington, New Zealand

hi debbie
It is nice to see you here
i am a teddybear artist from New zealand
I have always admired your work and had hoped one day to meet you
so if you ever in need of a holiday down under feel free to come and stay
hugs
tracey

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Hello Deb: I'm thrilled you joined the TT group. So are you back to sewing mini's again. If so, post some pictures.

Mandy SambrookBears
Essex

Hi everyone,  I'm logging in after far too long neglecting this forum.  I love  the chat and friendly atmosphere here.   I love to make miniature bears but seem to struggle with too many other things getting in the way.  bear_sad I'm off now to read some of the posts as there's so much to catch up on.  Hugs, Mandy

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales
Debbie Kesling wrote:

I was feeling a bit nostalgic about days gone by today, and thought I'd stop in and say hello.

How are things in the tiny teddy world?

Debbie Kesling

I feel a little star struck!  Your book 'Enchanting Miniature Teddy Bears' was the first 'how to' book I bought when I discovered miniatures.  I hope that you are still making your cute little bears and thank you for helping me to improve my technique when I first started.  It was after reading the tools section in the book that I purchased my hemostats - what a revelation they were!  Turning tiny pieces were no longer a struggle  bear_thumb

Mini bear hugs,

Sarah

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

Wow! Hi Deb!
A little star-struck here too. Your book was the first one I ever bought and it totally got me hooked! As a matter-of-fact, it was the sheer frustration in finding the stuff needed for minis that got my 'little business' going!
I still recommend your book to anyone who asks. I have several but yours is the best!
I sure wish they were still being printed - would love to have them available in my shop.

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Hi Debby, I bought your book too when I first got into making miniature bears and it was a huge inspiration for me!

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Hi Debbie,

I go back too, but not quite as far as you. Next year is my 20th anniversary.
I know that your birds and lampwork beads—and more than likely, several more artistic evolutions have taken place in your life—but you did set the feet of many miniaturists on this pathway in one way or another, to piggyback on each other, so that your contributions and those of many others are now layered down very far underneath the current type of work being done but are the basic beginnings of the miniature world.

It's nice to hear from you!!

bearlady13 Posts: 177

I too bought the book. How to make enchanting miniature teddy bears by Debbie Kesling. I took fell in love with them from this book. The smallest one I made was 1 inch the size of a postage stamp with string joints. Can't do them again too small for my hands and eyes. I still have it and cherish it.  I make mostly 3 to 5 inch bears because of the arthiris in my hands. Thank Debbie for making the book. :hug:

Board footer