Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

nadiasbears Posts: 4

DSCN0318.JPGhi all
im new here and to bear making  i heard of this book would be a great beginners book so i was searching to buy it on ebay
i googled it and was verry wondered that it was free to download in pdf because price on ebay was 125$
just wanted to let you all know
heres the link
http://www.ebook3000.com/101-Bears-to-Make_131568.html
i just made me first bear but have a lot to learn its a miniature of 4 inch picture included
greets

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Unfortunately, this is a blatant infringement upon my copyright as the author of this book, and the owner of the copyright.  I have requested that they remove it from their site immediately.
nancy tillberg

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears GJOYful Bears

I have this book and it's great!!! Thanks for writing it Nancy it's fantastic. I learnt alot from it when I was starting. I have always wanted to own Bears With A Past too but haven't been able to find it. Is it available to buy directly from you Nancy?

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Hi,
Glad you liked the book!   It is currently out of print, which is why it is so expensive on other sites. I will be re-releasing it personally at a modest price in the very near future from my website.

hugs,
nt

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Wow - I'm a bit shocked. I wonder what this site is, or where they're based? It reminds me of the Napster lawsuit back when they were giving away people's music recordings for free.

Why would any of us (writers, musicians, etc.) work as hard as we do if all of it was available free on the Internet?

Becky

Yes I agree. And where possible I always try to buy items directly from the people that created them (assuming that's possible). And nice to finally have worked out where I knew from Becky! Don't you hate it when you know you know someone but you can't work out how? LOL well now I've worked it out  bear_original

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Yep, it's still there Nancy!

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Hi,
Filing the appropriate copyright forms takes a bit of time, but I've now sent them to the filehost as well as a number of sites linking to the infringing files. Thanks for the heads up on this!
bear hugs,
nancy t

ps... the book (updated version) will be available on my newly overhauled website this fall. Look for the new website in 7 -10 days. www.kranbearys.com

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I have this book and have learned so much from it.  I sell bear making supplies at shows and was so disappointed when the books were out of print.  I am so pleased to hear that they will be available again!
Donna

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

WOW! Who ever did this did they ever think they would not get caught! That's bold!

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I'm glad y'all told me it wasn't legit.  I got excited at first because I'm always looking for patterns, but I'm glad I found out it was a copyright violation before I got someone to download it for me.  Hopefully, by the time I'm financially able to buy the book, it'll be available as a hard copy from your web site instead of a stinkin' PDF file.  You won't put it on audio, will you.  Oh I guess that might be kind of hard.  Are there any bearmaking books available as audiobooks so I can read them?

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I have the book Jessie, You can "look" at it anytime!

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I need audio in order to know what to do, but if I am able to come see you, do you think you could cut out a couple for me to take home?  Is that okay, Nancy???

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Wubbie .... If you can come to see me, which would be an awfully  long journey ... then I would absolutely cut some out for you.  In the meantime, I haven't forgotten our emails and have been mulling over your circumstances.  I may be able to help you out in a few weeks.  I'll keep you posted.
hugs,
nt

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

The best book ever. I have learned so much - thank you Nancy  bear_thumb

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Awww...thank you! bear_original  I'm glad that you liked it!

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Although I have many making teddy books, the only two I refer to constantly is 101 Bears to Make and Teddy Bear Art by Jennifer Laing!  Best books, ever!

Here, here! I agree it is the only book I keep coming back to, it's fantastic and I'm so grateful you took the time to create it Nancy bear_original I can imagine it would be a huge task to undertake bear_original My copy has glue on pages and rips where pins have fallen on it, bear fur throughout, doggy-eared pages and more! Don't worry! It's a sign of love! LOL Can't wait 'til it comes out again I think perhaps I should have a new one ~ I'd also love Bears With A Past bear_original

jorje Posts: 1

Hi not been on the forum for a while and came across this thread whilst catching up on recent discussions. I think it only fair to warn you Nancy that the following link also enables you to download your book: http://ebookee.org/go/?u=http://uploadi … sMake.pdf/ it is not the best quality and has obviously been poorly scanned.  I have been a student of your online classes which I thoroughly enjoyed and learnt many techniques from. I have wanted a copy of your book ever since and have been eagerly awaiting the re-issue so often scan the net for copies and that it how I came across the site.  Can't wiat to buy a legal up-to-date version.

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Thank you for the link jorge!  I've contacted them as well and asked them to remove the file. The original file in the first link of this thread has been removed, as well as a few others that I found while doing a Google search.

I've been diligently working on the book!  Should be done soon.  Oct 1st will be my 18th anniversary making bears, so that's also my goal for the re-release.
bear hugs,
nt

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Now we just need some audio.

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Hi,
check the new online class at www.ebearz.com   Audio, video, text, chat, photos and written. Something for every type of learner. The new classes combine all the traditional online techniques with a 'live' lecture hall online.    This past weekend was the Designing Teddy Workshop.  October is a Master Bear class. I'll be posting the info page on that shortly.

hugs,
nt

Pat Klein Faux Paw Bears
Tallahassee, Florida

Hi Nancy,

I am lucky to have the book, but am looking forward to the updates.  I have gone back to it many times, as I have our class notes.  Looking forward to news of your master class.

Pat

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Been offline for a week with company - glad to say the link no longer works - THEY'VE BEEN SHUT DOWN!!!

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Boogers, I was out of town with no computer access while that class was going on.

Board footer