Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

buttonbears BUTTONBEARS
Holland

Xmas2005-bear.jpgHi All,

This is my swapbear I made for Melissa. (yes, the lady who makes those lovely panda bears and many others as well!)
I used the ultra sparse mohair from Norton and a bit of handdyed accents as well.
The bears wears a cape made out of red vintage fabric velvet and antique porcelain buttons and gold ribbon.

Merry Christmas to you all and a lot of new bears in 2006!

Marijke

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Marijke, this little bear is the cutest!!  VERY nicely done and I love his outfit and accessories!   :clap:   :clap:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Extraordinary!  So cute!  Thanks for posting.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful job! Thank you for sharing!

Many Hugs Louise

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Waht a wonderful Character :dance:
:hug:
Anne

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Am I not the luckiest person!!!!    bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

This bear is stunning and I love the fact that he is so different to what I make myself (i am a little nervous about the bear I sent Marijke who is still winging his way to the Netherlands).  he has such an endearing old fashioned look and I love him to bits.

He is also small - maybe 5 inches at most - so you can appreciate the detail that Marijke put into his cloak and hat.

'm glad that Marijke posted a picture, my pictures have been so bad lately.  I have  a whole pile of bears to take home to photograph over christmas.

buttonbears BUTTONBEARS
Holland

Thanks for your sweet comments....I have been NOT been making bears for two years, (after the birth of my son )/
Getting into the commitment a couple of swaps was a good way to start doing so again.
I was afraid I had forgotten ""how to"" during those two years, but I suppose it is a bit like riding a bicycle, once you learned to, you won't forget...
I was very happy to dig into my boxes with supplies again! bear_wub
Now my house has once again been taking over by fabrics, cotters and pins , just like it was before.
(OK< also by the toys my son has laying around)
Luckely my son is past putting everything he finds in his mouth.
But is is very much interested in all the tools I use and I find my pliers in the most extraordinaraiy places sometimes!  bear_grin

marijke

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Marijke, what a wonderful bear, Melissa is so lucky.

Well done.

:clap:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

what a stunning bear .......

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Marijke, he's a really lovely bear, such a beautiful old look and soo much detail for a small bear.  I like his 'varnished' nose bear_original   Nice to see someone here from The Netherlands, I live in Belgium nowadays.

Catherine

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I love him ! bear_wub  Such an extraordinary cute small bear ! :hug:

AnnG Childhood Treasures
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA

He's gorgeous. Having a son named Nicholas I am partial to all things st nicholas. He is so Christmassy and yet different from all the other bearing his name. I'm glad you're back at it. If you want to swap again some time let me know. We can choose a theme and go crazy.

Board footer