Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

DEB -  i happened to come across one of your bears on eBay - and it's not you thats selling him!!!!

Link ot the page is -
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrtsZ0QQfso … sZverybigm

There are lots of other fraudulant auctions on this page too - i have reported yours Deb.

Penny :hug:

Densteds Densteds
Website

Another German account...I reckon this has been hijacked too, the descriptions are written in Chinese????????????????????  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:
I've reported it too!!
this is scary...

Link to Ebay security..
http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/index.html

Denise.

Deb Upstate New York

I just love this place.  It's like having 45 sisters watching your back.

I reported it too ... before I logged on TT.  I was looking for that address someone posted for reporting.  I used the Ebay form, which was a little cumbersome I thought.

THANKS GUYS!  :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

There are a lot of frauds that person is selling! Those are a lot of bears that either auctioned last night or will end today ... Oh my! Gals, its getting worse!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I just saw a warning about this seller on a Yahoo group.  She also mentioned to check out their payment instructions....:  We accept payment ways: 1.Western Union money transfer 2.Bank wire transfer

Whenever they only accept money or wire transfers... beware!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I dont order stuff from out of the states unless I know the person or know of them... like our Anne or Mandie or Danni... I am very cautious...

Dilu Posts: 8,574

It's great huh, Miss Deb, These fraud people are gong to have to pick another desireable collectable to cheat on.

Good catch Mis Pen

dilu

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I wonder if there is a way we can report the seller, not just the item.
Makes me soo mad!!! Here some honest people are getting their auctions pulled for such small reasons, and they allow this??

At least most of these don't have any bids. There is even one Mary Holstead bear there for $9.99 with no bids, so it looks like most people know this is a scam.

What a horrible way to make a few bucks!

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Heather,

I did report the seller and told them that this person had 63 fake auctions for bear related items...if you have a look at the link I posted above you will see that you can report a fake/hijacked account, and write in details.

hugs,
Denise.

Deb Upstate New York
Densteds wrote:

Another German account...I reckon this has been hijacked too, the descriptions are written in Chinese????????????????????  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:
I've reported it too!!
this is scary...

Link to Ebay security..
http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/index.html

Denise.

Help Advisors - Can we get this into Reference Library if it isn't already?  Thanks.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I can't believe all these fraudulent ebay items.  It's very scary for us collectors.  I'm going to post something about it on I Love Teddies. I know a lot of collectors go to it, and I don't want them to be scammed and not want to buy teddies.  What are collectors supposed to do?  Check the link from the artists' website?  What if the artist doesn't have a website?  Should collectors email the artist?

Deb Upstate New York

Chrissie ~

I had three or four emails from people I didn't know (besides the post here from Penny).  I responded that the auction posted by verybigm was fraudulent, and posted their questions and my answers onto the auction.  If it happens to me again, I will do the same thing.

I don't have a website yet, but I am going to start using the wording in my auctions that Laura Lynn suggested.

Laura Lynn wrote:

Some of us artists have been putting the following text in our auctions to help protect the teddy bear auction environment:  "This bear is being offered directly from the artist if the seller ID is XXXX"  Also... many bear aritsts do have an "About Me" page you can check out.

Also see Ruth Johnson's post under the same thread <Regarding Fake eBay auctions>.

Best thing is for collectors to be very aware.  A search of the exact auction title will show both the legit and fraudulent auctions ... unless of course, the title has been changed.

rosebearcottage Rose Bear Cottage
Lake Gregory, California

You all were fantastic in nabbing the thief. The auction was shut down by the afternoon. A BIG thank you you all. :pray:  :clap:  :dance:  :hug:  I had an email this evening that someone retracted a $2 bid on my newest listing with a  (0) feedback. I investaged the name and found that name to have many other "numbers" after the id. Yes, Germany was on many of the ids. I'm watching this one now.

rosebearcottage Rose Bear Cottage
Lake Gregory, California

I just realize two Debs were hijacked.  bear_shocked I'm sorry for just catching on.  bear_cry  bear_wacko

Deb Upstate New York

It was copied yet again!  This time the "seller" in Hong Kong with item located in UK.    Well gosh, I'm lookin' at him right now, so I guess he's quite a ways away from where he's supposed to be!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 8242970481

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

What team work girls for keeping an eye out for everyone.   This is terrible fraud..

Deb Upstate New York
rufnut wrote:

What team work girls for keeping an eye out for everyone.

Yes it is ... but it's frustrating that we all really do have better things to do with our time than to watch out for pirates ... <unless they're the Johnny Depp variety>.

I'd love to believe that Ebay will eventually seek a solution to this problem ... but I also know that sometimes we tend to fight the fires for quite awhile before we decide to find a fix to the problem.

Until then, I guess we just keep reporting.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_angry  If you click on link Deb gave us and check out the seller's ID history, he's actually in Hong Kong, even though the bear is supposed to be in the UK!!!

If you really want a shock, click on his Items For Sale!! He's got everybody's bears there, the creep!!

Eileen

Deb Upstate New York

Yup, that's correct!  Thanks Eileen.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Someone has placed a bid on a bear. I was going to contact the bidder with a warning, then I thought what if they then have spyware or something when you click on? Makes you wonder.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

You know what is even crazier girls.... all 37 of these teddies are listed in the "cross stitch" category. 

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

He's probably trying to 'hide' them by moving around the catagories....  bear_rolleyes

Board footer