Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

DDar Posts: 11
Website

31407010965760297821688.jpgWell, I feel kind of bad posting this here since all your bears are so amazing. But I guess this would be the best place to get feedback on it and demonstrate my very first endeavor...

Anyways, this is my very first bear ever! I made him with a pattern I found in a book to sort of try and learn the ins-and outs of bear making as best as possible before endeavoring to make my own pattern.

I hand sewed him (and it was my first time sewing), so I was a bit timid with how much I stuffed him but... Yeah.

Feel free to post any criticisms you have! I'd love to improve!

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

I will leave the criticisms to the artists, who are much more knowledgeable than I am.  bear_whistle

But I think he looks really lovely; he has a warm and kind expression and looks like a great hugger!  bear_wub
I am sure you will treasure him as you go on to make technically better bears.
Well done!  :clap:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears GJOYful Bears

Bravo! Well done!  :clap: I LOVE the expression on his face he is just gorgeous, what a sweet and gorgeous shaped bear. I don't like to make criticisms that much about other people's work, especially when I really love their bear regardless of tiny details as I'm always afraid they'll take it the wrong way.

I had never sewed before when I made my first bear by the way, and I only made one bear with another's pattern before designing my own so I feel much like you! This bear is really gorgeous I can't stop looking at his gorgeous little happy face! Does he have a name yet?

Peter is right you'll want to keep your first bear ~ I still have mine (and he is on the front page of my website at the very bottom with the "manager" one of my many pets, he's the little grey bear ~ I could never part with him).

I will let other artists suggest things you could do to improve, as all I really want to say is that your bear is such a cutie-pie  bear_grin Love him to bits bear_original

HeidiBears florida

He looks great! Love his expression and his paws! Beautiful first bear  :dance:

mulberrybendbears Posts: 16

He actually has quite a personality - and even though the techniques aren't totally perfect its what makes him so charming. He looks like an old, well-loved bear to me - I love his proportions and his sweet face! You made him with love and really, that's the whole point of making bears - not how "perfect" they are in the end :)

PS - what fabric did you use? Its so wonderful looking for that bear!

Ursa Major Creations Posts: 28

I checked out your sketch blog like  the blog especial like Day 21.Also your bear is a good attempt for a beginner who has never sewn before.he as a nice expression.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I think your first teddy bear is darling.  bear_wub

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

He looks like a bear who gives and hug, and gets a hug!

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

bear_wub He is soooo loveable!  Much nicer than my first bears were.  They all looked sort of constipated. :crackup:   Your little guy has a face that says "pick me up and give me some love"!

lulu sweet souls
canton, new york

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub   he has a lot of personality for a first bear - great job!  There's something extra special about this sweetie :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

I love his tubby tum.  He is MUCH NICER than the first bear I made!

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

He's very cute and his fur looks so soft  bear_original   I remember feeling the same as you with my first bear. Hope you will make more??

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

I think he is adorable and I am so impressed with your sewing skills, too!   Great job!   I look forward to seeing more!
Hugs,
Janice

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I think he is adorable.  I love how you have embroidered his face, a really good job there.  And I love his chubby body.  He is a real cuddlier.

Joanne

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

He is lovely!

Board footer