Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I have found two sites which I have been spending a lot of fun time on.  The first is  http://pinterest.com/  It is a virtual bulletin board.  You create your boards and give them names.  Then as you are finding beautiful things you want to keep on the web you click a little "pin" button you keep on your toolbar and it pins them with the link back to your board.  You can also see all the things others are pinning and "repin" them to your board.  I have found so many beautiful creative things to keep me inspired. 

The next site is http://www.stumbleupon.com/ Here is another little button you click on your toolbar.  It takes you to random sites on the web based on your interests.  I can not tell you how many cooking and creative sites I have found that I would have never found.  Then after I find them I "pin" them in Pinterest.

Anybody else pinning and stumbling?

Joanne

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Thanks Joanne. They are cool sites. I went over to have peek and going to join.  bear_original

Carlyle Bear Co. Carlyle Bear Co.
Ft Myers FL

This was such a coincidence because the lady that sits next to me at work asked me today if I had ever been on Pinterest.  She said it is addictive.  It does look neat and I can't wait to sign up for it. 

:dance:

joibear Tickled Pink Bears
Durango, Colorado

:dance: Well I can attest to the fact that Pinterest is quite addictive!!!  bear_wacko I tell myself. . . you get just a couple of minutes to look around. . . and I end up spending an hour or more.  Too fun, and like Joanne said very inspirational stuff!!  bear_thumb

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Is it just about pictures or is it also sites that would be accessible for me?

Ft Myers FL

I knew one day not being on Facebook would come back to haunt me!!  You have to use your "invite" for Pinterest through Facebook or Twitter.  I will have to go on Twitter but it has been so long I don't remember my password.  Darn it. 

Braille Teddies...I'm not sure what all is on there but it does look to be a very wide variety of sites.  From recipes to crafts to inspirational quotes.  You have access to other peoples "bulletin boards" so it is alot of peoples favorite things so to speak.   bear_grin

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Oh, that sounds cool.

Bloomsburg, PA
carlylebearco wrote:

I knew one day not being on Facebook would come back to haunt me!!  You have to use your "invite" for Pinterest through Facebook or Twitter.  I will have to go on Twitter but it has been so long I don't remember my password.  Darn it. 

Braille Teddies...I'm not sure what all is on there but it does look to be a very wide variety of sites.  From recipes to crafts to inspirational quotes.  You have access to other peoples "bulletin boards" so it is alot of peoples favorite things so to speak.   :lol:

It is very visual Jesse, so it would not be for you I am afraid. 

Carlebearco.  I just need you email address and  I can send you an invite.  Although I do not think you have to have a FB account to join. If you want to send me that I will get on that.

Same with anyone else who would like to join.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Would it help me find other forums, which are my main hobby online, or just a bunch of pictures?

Bloomsburg, PA
wubbiebear wrote:

Would it help me find other forums, which are my main hobby online, or just a bunch of pictures?

It does not direct to forums but to websites and blogs.  If you like reading blogs it would be good for you.

You may enjoy the site http://creatingthehive.com/  This is an arts and crafts community.  There are blog posts that you can read and lots of commenting.  It is similar to a forum. 

Joanne

Ft Myers FL

Thanks, Joanne!  I did receive an "invite email" but when I clicked on it that is when you have to select either Facebook or Twitter.  Would your invitation be the same do you think? 

If not you can send my invitation to carlyle07@bellsouth.net

Thanks again! :hug:

Bloomsburg, PA

I just looked and it does say you either sign up through Face Book or Twitter.  Oh well, maybe it's time to jump in to FB

Joanne

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I hate how they do that.  They pretty much force you to be on FB when you don't want it.

karenaus Melbourne
Website

I made a twitter account specially for Pinterest. I don't like Facebook and hated that the first time I joined Pinterest and used my Facebook, it automatically followed everyone on my Facebook who was on there bear_sad Despite the assurances when you sign up that it won't do anything without telling you first, grrrrr.
   I do like Pinterest, but I think the privacy issue with Facebook needs to be looked at.

Bloomsburg, PA
karenaus wrote:

I made a twitter account specially for Pinterest. I don't like Facebook and hated that the first time I joined Pinterest and used my Facebook, it automatically followed everyone on my Facebook who was on there bear_sad Despite the assurances when you sign up that it won't do anything without telling you first, grrrrr.
   I do like Pinterest, but I think the privacy issue with Facebook needs to be looked at.

Yes, and then I had to go unfollow many people.  I don't understand that.  Although I ended up adding many of them back because I realized that many of them especially the teddy bear people actually had the same taste as me. 

I am at the point with facebook where I only post what I don't care if the whole world sees.  If I want it private I put the filters on and only send it to specific people.

Joanne

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I never post anything I don't want people to see.  I mostly do funny stuff or if something exciting happens.  I guess I was just brought up that way.

Bloomsburg, PA

It's not only that, but don't give out cell phone or regular phone numbers either.  In your account setting only put stuff that it is ok for the world to see.

Joanne

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Well facebook is a whole other animal lol... Filters settings etc, argh.. I haven't been to Facebook since the end of July and I'm trying to psych myself into going back!:( I agree with being the amount of information shared, most people on my Facebook page are related to work so I'd be very careful.. Not that I do anything wild or crazy anyhow lol.
     I was annoyed that Pinterest followed people automatically after Making the point of reassuring you that they would ask/notify you before they did anything. I can't see a valid reason for requiring a Facebook or Twitter link, unless it's for their own advantage/promotion. That said I've got a nice collection of pics there, and found some lovely eye candy and inspiration.  I'd just rather keep my boards anonymous, which I guess sounds strange now I see it written out lol.

Bloomsburg, PA

You can now go to privacy settings in fb and block people from seeing what apps you are using. I don't know if that would affect Pinterest, but it may.

Ft Myers FL

:dance:  :dance: Okay I got on thru Twitter.  I am just so anti-Facebook.  Love the pinterest.  You could lose entire hours on there.  FUN FUN FUN!! bear_happy

Bloomsburg, PA
carlylebearco wrote:

:dance:  :dance: Okay I got on thru Twitter.  I am just so anti-Facebook.  Love the pinterest.  You could lose entire hours on there.  FUN FUN FUN!! ;)

Oh that is great.  It is such a great site, and I do spend hours there.  I like that I can look and browse and get inspired and do it all quietly on my own without having to comment.

Joanne

Board footer