Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

bearlady13 Posts: 177

Has Anyone Made A Different Teddy Bear For Each Month Of The Year, Or For Each Holiday Of The Year?  Would Love To See Them. Have Anyone Made A Calendar Of The Teddy Bear Pictures?  I Was Thinking About Making Bears For Each Month And One For Each Country.

Coraleen DallyMay Teddies
Secunda, South Africa

That sounds like a fantastic idea and what a wonderful project.  bear_wub

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

IMG_5177c7holiday.jpgIMG_5141c6holiday.jpgIMG_5128c5holiday.jpgIMG_5110c4holiday.jpgIMG_5082c3holiday.jpgIMG_5055c2holiday.jpgIMG_5037c1holiday.jpgI did a "Holiday Bear" in 2008 depicting 7 holidays.  I made a "tails" vest with 7 different snap on lapels and a top hat with 7 different exchangeable hat bands, and all the accessories to depict the specific holiday.  It was a really fun project!

Secunda, South Africa

Hi Thelma.  Your bear is beautiful and the embroidered nose is incredible.   bear_grin  bear_wub

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Thank you Coraleen!  The vest has 3 snaps sewn on each side and each lapel has 3 snaps = 42 snaps.  bear_cry   I thought when he was finished that I never wanted to sew a snap again!!!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub What a fantastic bear for all the holidays, I loved the New Year the best, he has the face for it, so aristicratic.
thanx for sharing
Hugs Pat bear_flower

Secunda, South Africa

Wow, that is an awful lot of snaps!  I don't think I've sewn that many in my life and I'm 56.  bear_laugh  bear_grin

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Thanks, Pat!  The lady who adopted him loves to play with her bears, so I know all his costumes are used!  bear_smile
Well, believe it or not, Coraleen, I've sewn many more projects with lot's of snaps, even after I swore not too!  Just a glutton for punishment, I guess  :crackup:

bearlady13 Posts: 177

Wow I love him and all the outfits. What a great job. I bet it was a lot of work but it looks like it was worth it. :clap:

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

What a great idea!! Love the bear and all the interchangeable outfits! Very very clever!

Bear hugs,

Kim

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Thank you Bearlady and Kim.  Although I made him 3 years ago, he is still one of my favorites!!  You are all very kind! bear_flower

Board footer