Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

brtstar1 Bright Star Promotions, Inc.
Louisville, KY
Website

Bette-KenY-cinnBear-91.jpgBears&Buds, the online teddy bear magazine is offering online teddy bear appraisals.

Could your vintage bear be worth $10,000.00?

Ken Yenke will appraise your bear from the photos you send to us.

Click on this link for more information and read "Ken Knows Bears" articles.
http://www.bearsandbuds.com/KenYenke-Ar … gazine.asp

Learn more about teddy bear collecting by reading www.bearsandbuds.c om each month!

Bearhugs,

Valerie
Publisher/Executive Editor of www.bearsandbuds.com

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you, Valerie! (I wish that were my bear that Ken is holding! ;))

Becky

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Well I just took advantage of this great offer.  I have been trying to identify these bears.  I even put them here.  I sent four pictures.  I asked him to help me with the guy on the right.  Needless to say I am so thrilled with this info.  I was right with the age, wrong about origin.  I thought English.

001_400x300.jpg

Hello Joanne,
The three bears...
First one appears to be English, the second American, and the third is the one I am evaluating.
The bear is definitely a German bear from the Sonnenberg area, probably 1920-1930. 
The sliced in ears are one of the main production traits from this area.  The reddish tint glass eyes are also from this region and time.
I usually describe this as a Petz teddy, if not from that particular company, from another close by. 
Value in the $300. range.
Looks like the nose has been restitched (new thread) as the originally would have been horizontally stitched..not vertical.
Nice bear.

Ken Yenke

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Awww, so happy to hear you know a bit more about your wonderful find, Joanne!   Thanks for sharing!

Board footer