Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

flowersm Fur-Ree Bears and Friends
Website

Hi

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the needlefelting section but before I destroy my first bear I've made in a long time (used Sassy for the first time too) I would really appreciate some advice on how to needlefelt a little nose - not sure if it's possible on sassy and whether it's best just to sew it.

Bear Hugs
Marie

bear_ermm

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears GJOYful Bears

I use sassy a lot however I have never tried needle felting a nose on a sassy bear. I was thinking of trying this on my next bear made in scrap sassy fur though so that if it does not work it won't matter. I would recommend making a few bear's heads in scrap sassy or inexpensive similar fur, practice on them, and then decide.

I'm sure someone will be along soon who has needle felted sassy and has discovered it is either fantastic or dreadful to work with the two lol. Good luck!

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

You could try to needlefelt a nose onto a felt piece in the shape you want the nose.  Then sew the nose onto the bear.  If needed you could then felt over your stitches.
Good Luck,
Donna

Website

Great ideas thank you - why didn't I think of them  bear_laugh

Lyn Parker Bears

I tried needlefelting a nose shape on a scrap piece of sassy before I tried it on a bear  and found the backing disintegrated too much for my liking. I now stick to embroidered noses( with one strand of thread ) or moulded fimo noses.

Website

Hi all I tried it twice on scrap sassy and the backing fell apart both times so ended up sewing nose! At least I know now lol.

bear_original

Board footer