Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

aeminiatures AE Miniatures
H-I-Ambacht, the Netherlands
Website

Just read on Facebook that these two magazines are merging. See:
http://www.teddybearreview.com/articles … merge.html

What do you think of this news?

Beary greetings,
Anita

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

What shocked me the most is that it will be called 'Teddy Bear and Friends' but the publisher will be Jones, Teddy Bear Review's publisher?! I wonder who the editor will be? I also wonder if Jones Publishing will now manage the TOBY Awards? OR will there be awards? A lot of questions. bear_wacko
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

And what about the Golden Teddy Awards?
I've just started to work on my entry....

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I got the announcement in my email - guess they will answer all the pertinent questions in due time.  Both magazines are so skimpy now that it only makes sense and probably the only way either can survive our lean economic times.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA
Natascha wrote:

And what about the Golden Teddy Awards?
I've just started to work on my entry....

There was a question about this before here, not too long ago.  I don't think anything has been posted about the Golden Teddy Awards as far a deadlines.  I going to bet that they will not have them.   We will soon see.

It does make sense to me that they would merge.  Both magazines have good qualities, I hope that they will now have enough content to make it a great magazine, the way they both used to be.

Joanne

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

I agree with Sue and Joanne.  I'm thrilled about the merge!  I'm looking forward to one magazine with substance!
Hugs,
Janice

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I agree, Janice - it's about time something was done or they were both going to end up folding.  I also agree with you Joanne - I think the Golden Teddies are not going to happen now, which is a shame - I was thinking of entering for the first time in years.

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I think the magazine merger is good news too!
I am also thinking that there probably won't be both Golden Teddy Awards and Toby Awards, and since TOBY nominees have already been chosen, I'd guess the GTs won't happen this year. That is a bummer for those of us who were looking forward to entering. I have entered bears in both contests for ages, but have had much better luck with the GTs, and once again my bears didn't make the cut for Toby and so were looking forward to their second chance,...However if it is just one magazine, one awards contest really does make sense.

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

I think the merge will be a good thing, fingers crossed. I hope that Jones publishing keeps the quality of TB&F and not the quality of TBR.  Hopefully there will be more about artist bears instead of manufactured bears (Steiff and R John Wright and companies like that). I think the artist bears have taken a knocking from the magazines in recent yrs and would be nice to see artist bears back in the forefront in the magazines again. Perhaps advertising prices will come down a bit (but I doubt it).  We will have to wait and see, it was just a matter of time before this happened as there was no way the economy could support two magazines without quality suffering.   Again fingers crossed  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Actually, the 2012 Golden Teddy Awards was advertised in the Dec issue of TBR magazine with a stated entry deadline of March 5 and a link for online entry on their website after Jan 6th. However I just went to the web site and the stated link is NOT there - so doesn't sound good for the awards going ahead.
I guess it was kind of inevitable but still kind of sad to see the 2 magazines being cut down to only one.

Board footer