Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Hi,
I have a friend that has gone through a really rough time lately.  Another bear artist friend and I got him back into making his bears again.  It has been three or four years since he has made a bear.  It has been good therapy.  He currently has his new bear listed on ebay.  And wouldn't you know it, it was one that was stolen, but that has been taken care of now.  It would be such a spirit lifter for him to get a bunch of hits of people looking at his bear.  Also if you see anything he needs to change in the listing that would be helpful also.

Here is the ebay info:   
"LIL HILTON" ARTIST BEAR BY SCOTT MACKENZIE "OOAK"
    Item number: 5646182390   

Thanks,
Donna

Deb Upstate New York

Bear is very nice.  There a typo I think ALLAYS should be ALWAYS?

Lovely work.

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Scott's bear is beautiful. I hope his auction goes well.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Donna... what a lovely and supportive friend you are, and Scott's bear is gorgeous!  Actually, before you posted, when I had checked out the whole list of fraudulent auctions being "sold" by the fraudulent seller... I saw this little girl's picture, and LOOKED!!!! Even though I knew it wasn't the real auction.  She just caught my eye!  Happy to take a peek at the REAL auction though! 

Here's a link for anyone who's interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … Track=true

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Aww Kim,

you sweetie....I didn't know the link was posted so I discovered we can look things up by item number......I know I know  :redface:  :redface:  the official gollytech-no-klutz of the site.  But I keep learning.

Donna, Scot's bear is beautiful,  simply lovely.  I would show her to the hubs, but I am sure the shopping is done now and I shouldn't push my luck...I wonder if you have encouraged him to join TT.  I am sure that Jared could use more male support here....Also it would be good for us to hear a male point of view on what goes on in the bearygollygoodworld.

I hope that comes by for a visit.  Would love to see more of his work.

dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I think we've scared Mark and Jared away with our assertive, estrogen-based, femaleness.  Hope they come back soon!

Donna... Scott's bear is lovely.  It should sell itself!

Is this big Scott or little Scott?  I don't know their last names!

Much luck to him... and do encourage him to join the board.  I'm sure he'd fit right in!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Thats a loveyl bear good luck

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Scott's bear is breathtaking!!  What a talent he is!  Hope he has much luck with this auction and I'm glad he's back making bears!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Donna, you're such a nice friend.  I checked his auction, and his bear is very pretty.   bear_original

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Donna, Scott's bear is so beautiful !!!!
I love her sweet face and what a
gorgeous dress & hat !
I hope his auction go well !
Hugs/Marie

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Soooooooooooooooo cute bear your friend made, Donna! I whish I was rich enough to afford to buy him...   bear_cry No doubt this bear will have a huge success. Who could resist him???? Not me....

Please, ask him to join us on this forum!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I would like to thank all of you who took the time to check out Scott's ebay listing.  He is feeling very chuffed that so many people have taken a look at his new bear.  In fact, he was feeling so good about it that he went ahead and listed bears for the Bruin Sisterhood.  Then he paniced!  He is afraid that people will think that he is stealing auctions. The Bruin Sisterhood was formed when Scott closed his bear store.  The members of the sisterhood are artists that had their bears in Scott's store.  Over the years of going to the store Christmas parties and giving bearmaking classes at the store we all became friends.  Scott was always on us to design something for a manufacturer or enter the toby, always trying to take us all to the next level of bear making.  He always had the confidence in us that we lacked ourselves.  I now take the bears of the Bruin Sisterhood to the local bear shows.  On Dec. 3 we did two different shows at the same time, we have that many bears between us.  Okay now I'm babbling!   Here is the listing for my bear that Scott listed on ebay if anyone would like to take a peak. http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-GIFT-ARTIST … dZViewItem
Thanks again!
Donna
Shelli it is short Scott.

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Hi Donna,
Your friend Scott's Lil Hilton is wonderful bear_wub  - I think the detail is amazing :clap:  :clap:
I am sure she will do well in her auction and I think you are a wonderful friend to him bear_flower
I had a look at your bear and others from your sisterhood and they too are simply beautiful
I wish for you and scott that all the auctions take off and fly bear_thumb  bear_thumb
:hug:
Anne

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Donna,

Many thanks for telling us about Scott's Bear Lil Hilton - such a gorgeous Bear and I love her
hat and dress.
I also had a look at the Bear from your sisterhood - very beautiful
I wish you and Scott the very best with your auctions.

Hugs
Carolyn

Board footer