Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Hi All,

I haven't been making many bears over the last year a my creative juices have seemed to disappear.   I have an awful problem which I need everyone to action who has my website as a link on their website!!

The problem is that I let my domain name expire by approx 24 hours and during that time someone else scooped it up!  I was advised by my domain provider that someone in Russia registered it.  I assumed that someone who also makes teddy bears took it.

I've been checking for months to see who has it so that I can contact them to ask for my domain name back however there has been nothing built on the site.

However, today I checked and it is a Child [INVALID] Site - I'm sick about this and I would like ALL of you to check and see if you have a link to this site on your site.  The website link is to Mo Bear Designs and the address that you need to delete is www.mobeardesigns.com.  I'm so sorry about this and I can't express to you how upset I am by this.

I have changed my domain name but I'm looking at changing it again because it is still too close to this scumbags website name.  I've also reported this to my domain provider and to the local authorities so I hope that will work to get this off the web.

The problem I'm having is that I was registered on many many websites and I don't know where to search to have it changed/deleted.  I'm trying to get to evere site but if you could be so kind to spread the word about this I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks for all your help!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

How disgusting. bear_sad Maybe it's a coincidence, but I've had several Russian websites link to my site, and the ones I've looked at are completely unrelated to teddy bears. I know that people do things like that to increase their SEO, but why are they all from Russia...?

Good luck, Jane.

Becky

thondra rosenheim / bayern
Website

the site is allready gonne again as it looks like.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

No it is not gone, it still links up to that site.  I am so sorry this happened.

Joanne

Website

hm you are right, i can see it now too :(
strange thing is a provider doesnt act about this ...

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

http://www.whois.net/whois/mobeardesigns.com

Go to the above link and you can see who has the site, there is also an email address. Hope this does help.

So sorry this happened,

Berta

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

How awful!  I feel bad for you - it's not easy to decide on a domain name... especially after you already had one.  I hope things work out for you.  :hug:  Did you come up with a new domain name yet?

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

But then - how can that be?
It says that the renewal ran from 2006 - 2013
This happened last Oct?

Domain Name:mobeardesigns.net
Record last updated at
Record created on 10/21/2006
Record expired on 10/22/2013

This is only 2012; the renewal date shows up here as "having expired on 10/23/2013" which has not yet occurred'.
How could someone swoop in and claim a domain name that hasn't yet expired???
Something isn't correct here.

With the info on the whois.com site,  I would contact that international registry site if I were you.

Website

i have heared, when a business is connected to a web url it can be claimed back.
i dont know about the legal stuff about it, i dont know where you need to claim it back.
and i am not sure, if this is possible all over the world.
here in germany i would go first to a legal adviser and ask my questions to be informed further.

Board footer