Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Tatty Bears South Australia

Hi All,
        I have just unpicked my nose twice ( sorry, bad joke ) I did a vertical nose on a bear, undid it, tried again, undid it again the tried a horizontal nose..... Worked first time.
For some reason I am better at horizontal noses than vertical ones, maybe it's something to do with the "bump" on the nose but I find the horizontal nose much easier.
Does this make sense to anyone? Am I weird or just plain lucky????? Lol

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

sheree: Go with whatever works best for you. That is what makes each bear unique and individual. What is important is to have a firmly stuffed nose. that is the key. some people make polymer clay noses which adds a new and darling look to the bear.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Nothing wrong with a horizontal nose!  :dance:

Either way, nose embroidery requires a lot of practice and a good base layer of stitches, in my opinion.

Looking forward to seeing the bear!

Becky

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Sometimes I glue a piece of felt the size I want the nose to be then if I want a vertical nose the first layer I put on is hoirzontal then the virtical.

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

I love the vertical embroidery noses!  I do the same thing as Lenora!  A little practice is all it takes!  Then you wont have to pick your nose (another bad joke!)

Board footer