Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

djbbears Queensland

Hi Guys....I am making army bears at the moment and putting it out there at the moment I need to know how to do a beret in one peice of felt if possible..can anyone help please..... bear_thumb

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

Perhaps buy one original and replicate it in the size you want it?

I think army barets will be available in Australia, but if not you could try this webshop http://www.dumpstore.nl/index.php?main_ … anguage=en

Good luck!

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Knit or crochet a beret out of 100% wool yarn then wash it in the washing machine until it felts.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

I think it would be kind of hard to make it in one piece - any reason why you can't just cut two circles of felt, cut another smaller circle the size to fit the bears head out of the centre of one and then sew both circles together around the outside and turn the seam to the inside and pull it on the bear's head at a jaunty angle. If it is for a larger bear you could sew a narrow band (folded in half) around the head size circle to give a more finished edge. (If it is for a miniature bear this would be harder to do and might add too much bulk).

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Debbie,

here's one, it's not in one piece, but looks very easy, you just need to cut it down to suit the bear's head size
http://www.craftstylish.com/item/60568/ … t/page/all

djbbears Queensland

Thanks everyone.....have tried the steaming with the iron and it will take forever, and a few sore fingers...lol..am thinking sewing the 2 pieces of felt I dont think it matters that much but am going to steam where the seam is so it wont be that noticable...fingers crossed.....thanks everyone.. bear_flower

Debbie

Board footer