Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

OK we all know that dilu is something of a klutz.....technically and apparently physically ( I broke 3 toes the other day. Sheesh!)

But for the past 2 weeks the teddy head that I love and that marks the intercal name in my favorites ( on the L side of the screen) has been gone....which really only means I have to actually slow down and search for "Mohair........" instead of just zip to the tedhead.

Now I have made jokes about computer gnomes stealing info etc...but in real-time I knw better than that.  It's just the gollygeeted world that I prefer to inhabit that has those gnomes.

so, can anyone tell me where this icons go when it disappears and how is it that it comes back?  I don't get it.

It's insignifigant in the greater scheme of things, really, but it bugs the daylights out of me, not knowing, ergo not understanding......

somebody help me!

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

hi Dilu I think he had crossed the pond I have had him for a couple of days I wondered where he had come from but this evening he has gone again so he must have got bored with the UK and gone home   bear_innocent

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

s020.gif You see Dilu he dose the rounds to all the TT girls and boys thats why he is gone and comes back.and don't forget he goes to lunch quiet a lot , You thought i was going to say something smart didn't you fat  bear_grin  bear_grin chance of that

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Dilu wrote:

OK we all know that dilu is something of a klutz.....technically and apparently physically ( I broke 3 toes the other day. Sheesh!)

What??!!  How did you do that?  Oooh, oooh, I bet that HURT!   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

oops.....yep it did hurt, not bad now, but the first day was bad.....fortunetly  I had the good sense to keep them all on the same foot!

I was putting clean sheets on the bed.  How mundane.

Hmmmmm......I was offroading in my hubbys Samurai Suzuki barefoot in the snow?

I was on top of the dome putting up Christmas decorations and slid off?

I was dancing the Tarantella in the garage and didn't see the transmission on the floor?

I'm out of ideas....I guess we will have to just stick with the truth.....sorry

Fran,

when the tedhead visits, does he pay for lunch?  Or does he expect the folks he visit to put him up for the day or week or whatever......

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Wish I could help Dilu...but am a computer dork.  Maybe there are opportunistic computer gollies lurking in your computer...hhhmmm

So sorry to hear about your toes!  I like the "Dancing the tarentella" the best except that it refers to large hairy spiders!  You better take care of yourself! bear_wub  bear_flower  :hug:

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Dilu, HI..............................

my head is gone to....

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

..............to maybe another different world???????????????

Differ then MINE................

Julia bear_shocked

Oh Julia.....Maybe Fran and Estelle are right, maybe he travels around to all of us.  Maybe I should feed him to keep him here......

Dancing the Tarantella it is then!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.....

bear_tongue

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Dilu, you have to be more careful and don't allow GOLLIES rule!!
And those little gnomes.........you have to find Snow White for them... maybe sew Golly with blonde hair ..........
a065.gif 
We have to find the head I really miiss it too
g035.gif

Pipa UK

Ohh Dilu sorry to hear about your tootsies. i hope they heal real quickly for you !!!  :hug:

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

YEP Dilu i am sorry you hurt you tootsies  get better soon.When teddy comes to my place  he usually brings lunch for me  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin i got him trained that way

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Dilu,....................MY HEAD IS HERE, right on my computer, na na na na na  bear_grin  bear_tongue  bear_tongue

I add the inde[ page once again in favorites and here it is! Just refresh it!!
Try yourself! No more gnomes secrets!!!! :dance:

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

He was here visiting this morning  bear_ermm  but he went when I clicked on general discussion. bear_sad   I goes he had nothing to say, or maybe hes going round waking up all of us bear addicts this side of the pond  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad  Ouch, Dilu! I've broken my share of toes too! I keep a pair of oversized boots in the basement, just in case I do it again . . .

Eileen

I can get around in the hub's muck-em-out-boots.......Betcha Judi knows what they are......but they work

It hasn't been above 35 in over 2 weeks and yesterday the hi was 28, good excuse to stay inside and do bearsies.....

dilu

PS no pain now, unless i really do try to dance..... bear_grin  bear_grin

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Dilu, I am no expert in these things, but I will try to contribute what little I know. The little tedhead is called a bookmark icon. I see it in my bookmarks (in Explorer those are called Favorites, I think and the tedhead would be a fav icon) and next to the address at the top of my window. I am on Macintosh and no ten horses would get me to use a Microsoft programme such as Explorer (well I have to use Office at work, but under protest) and these things depend on the browser you use. Anyway, two of my browsers (Safari and Camino) don't let me set preferences for bookmark icons, but in Netscape I can configure every bookmark so that the web page is regularly checked for updates and I can make it change the icon in my bookmarks.
All I can say is dig in Explorer's preferences and Favorites configs and find bookmark icons or maybe fav icons. You may be able to change the behaviour of Explorer. My recommendation is to abandon Explorer, because it is just an unsafe programme. Use Firefox instead, although I have no idea if the PC version of Firefox has icon configs.

Are the toes healing well? Wouldn't want them all crooked like a witch's toes, now would we? bear_grin  bear_tongue

Hugs

Sabine

OK Sabine, I think I understood some of that.  But why does it dissappear?

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Dilu, so sorry about your toes!   bear_sad   I hope they feel better soon.  :hug:   You could say you were chasing the gollies around the house after they took your chocolate?   bear_tongue

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Dilu, I just googled the disappearing favourites icons in Explorer and swiped the followig text off a website.

"This happens because of a few reasons:

- You've 'cleaned' the hard drive, emptying your browser cache

- You've had a browser window 'crash', corrupting your 'favicons'

or a few other reasons. The best way to fix it is to delete the website's 'Favourites' entry, and then add it again."

The person who asked about it on that website had doen a virus scan, which removed the icons.

So just add the Teddytalk webbsite to your favourites again and delete the old link.

I also found a link to a free utility that is supposed to make the icons stick. The website appears to be in German, but the program seems to be in English. You should be able to download it at the bottom of the page where it says "FavOrg ... downloads".

Sabine

Board footer