Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Crown Critters Crown Critters
Dallas, Texas
Website

Hi everyone! This is my very first attempt at needle felting. I started this rabbit a little over a week ago and just worked on it in the evenings while sitting on the couch. His arms, ears and individual fingers are all wired to move and hold their shapes. He has black German glass eyes and is felted from a combination of Merino and Corriadale wools. The white core that I started with is actually all done with polyfil stuffing and I felted the colors of wool over it. I still have some detail work to do and would like to add wiskers and a tail still. I am also going to make him a little vest and a ascot I think.

1338968633_1_rabbit_head.jpg 1338968678_2_rabit_with_legs.jpg1338968701_4_wire_armiture.jpg1338968725_5_adding_arms.jpg1338968743_6_adding_wool_surface.jpg1338968763_7_brown_wool.jpg1338968784_9_almost_there.jpg1338968803_10_eyes.jpg1338968822_12_side_view.jpg1338968837_13_starting_ears.jpg1338968858_15.jpg1338968882_17.jpg1338968895_18.jpg

Conni Germany

bear_thumb Great! Wonderful work and thank you for the pictures.

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Wow that is fantastic, I can't believe it is your first time needle felting!  :lol:

I haven't tried it yet, but hope when I do, my creations look as fantastic as yours!!  :love:

Hugs

Lisa x

thondra rosenheim / bayern
Website

wow it is fantastic
and the fact of being a first ... you for sure have a huge talent there !

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Anthony, all I can say is WOW!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

I simply can not say enough good things about this rabbit, I love the fact that you showed the progression as you worked on it.  Fabulous.  You certainly can needlefelt, I have tried but not too good I am afraid.  Someday I will get better, but you have the nack and it is such a wonderful rabbit. Thanx so much for sharing and especially all the pictures as you went along.
hugs Pat bear_flower

Dallas, Texas
Website

Thank you all so very much for your encouraging words. I really enjoying looking at all of your work and everyone here is so nice! bear_wub

Dallas, Texas
Website

I decided that Mr. Bunny needed clothing and so I created a sloper from his measurements and used that to create a pattern for his vest and coat. With the addition of some trim, buttons and lace, he is all ready to go to the show next month. I do not own a sewing machine, so I had to hand stich this after looking up how to make doll clothes online. Yes, this is my first time making clothes for one as well. Luckily, my grandmother taught me how to hand sew as a child and I really love how it turned out :)

1340016658_img00471-20120615-1256.jpg

1340016690_img00473-20120617-2042.jpg

Rosiedoc Glasgow

Amazing Work  bear_cool

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Really cute  :love:
You have a lot of talent  bear_thumb

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Brilliant, love him, and loved seeing all the pictures of him coming together  bear_wub

Pauline

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Amazing talent! Congrats Anthony - you are very wise to take the progression pix, too. Especially when you see your work a year from now.
Your costuming is exquisite, Grandmother taught you well!

DraigAthar Draig Athar Designs
New Hampshire
Website

Wow! He's marvelous! And I am so impressed that this is your first needle felted figure!!!

Amy

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Anthony,

I'm absolutely amazed that this is your first attempt at needle felting!  Mr. Bunny is fabulous and many thanks for showing us how he was made, that was very interesting.  He looks brilliant in his clothes too which make him look very sophisticated!

As said before, you are obviously a "natural" when it comes to producing such lovely work.

Hugs

Marilyn

Dallas, Texas
Website

Thank you all so very much for the kind words and encouragement.  I will put up pictures of my newest creation as soon as it is finished. I am working on a rocking horse......... bear_wacko

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Wow he is a a big guy. Lots of work. Great job.

Board footer