Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Ayla2189 Posts: 3

Hi all!

I'm new to this community. My name is Ayla and I need some help.

I have had a particular teddy bear since ~1990 or so, but I don't know a thing about him - origin wise. I am unsure if he was a handmade or store bought gift. He is an oddball for sure, but I say that with love.

pink.jpg

Some background information: I was living in New Orleans, LA at the time I received him. He was once "baby pink" (as still evidenced along seams) but has since faded to a very pale pink almost tan color; his overalls a bright blue (that never faded). His nose/mouth area is in a white circle (I'm not sure if the mouth was stitched on or just "left to the imagination" (we always drew it on him)). His nose, once upon a time, was hard, plastic and triangular, point down. He is wearing overalls that are attached and make up his body. On the back (I can post more pictures if need be), is what looks like to be either residue of a manufacturers tag or it could have been a tail.

His seams look to be machine stitched rather than hand stitched/sewn.

I understand this is little to go on, but I would like to know more - if he's the only one or not. Feel free to ask questions.

Oh - one odd thing, he had a little piece of metal in him (I'm not sure if that was part of the nose or something else), but it was in his head. The piece was maybe a quarter of an inch long. He's about 6 inches tall. (he's also been to "bear hospital" several times)

Thank you for any help you can give and I look forward to talking with you all.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Welcome to Teddy Talk, Ayla! bear_flower I don't know anyhing about this special bear, but I did want to say hi. (He's like no other bear I've seen bear_original )

Becky

Ayla2189 Posts: 3

I've posted at another forum and have no replies there, either. I hope someone has at least seen his pattern, if nothing else.

Thanks for the welcome bear_original

Board footer